Chapter 16- The Fight that Gave Me a Dance

So basically there was a fight. Okay, understatement, there was a big fight right in the middle of the classroom which rendered me speechless. Actually even if I did say a word I wouldn’t be heard due to the commotion since everyone was busy chanting ‘fight fight fight!’ which kind of made it hard for anyone to even notice that my lips were moving. And I was just staring, like a hawk, with my jaw wide open and my eyes wider than two pancakes combined. Alright, that made no sense. But my point is valid enough.

“SILENCE!” yells the professor, pushing through the horde of students gathered around.

“You fucking bastard!” Jay punches Zach in the face one more time.

“Dude, not the face. Come on! My reputation is at stake here,” Zach replied, pushing Jay away from him so he lands on the professor, who then falls to the floor on his butt.

Okay, I don’t know about you but I think these two are going to get screwed. I wonder how cool Zach is about all this. Does he get into fights that often? Or maybe not.

“To the principal’s office, both of you. NOW!” the professor barks at the both of them, grabbing them by the shirt collars after he stands up. Zach’s nose is twisted in a weird way, while Jay has a bruise on his cheek and the side of his shirt is torn. They look like shit.

Everyone clambered to their own seats after that, giving me sly glances as they passed by me while I tried my best to avoid their gazes. The professor walks back in and starts to blabber about insects that are unusually beautiful and rare to find in the world. I barely listen to him, when someone walks in and says something to the professor, who turns to look at me and gestures me to stand up. With a gulp, I get up and walk ahead towards him.

“You are being called in the office, Winters,” he says to me before turning back to his talking.

Letting out a frustrated sigh, I start walking out of the class and on the way to Mr. Rigby’s office. I’m so going to get grounded if mom finds out about this. Why do I even bother to get with guys? I mean they practically scream trouble. Don’t they?

As I reach the office, I knock on the door and hear a faint ‘come in’. Opening the door, I enter inside to find the two morons seated on the chairs opposite to Mr. Rigby who holds an impassive expression which scares me to death, seriously.

“Umm, good morning sir?” I say. It comes out more like a question. The two boys glance over at me and I notice Zach has a cut on his lip as well. Boys.

“Good morning miss Winters. Have a seat,” Mr. Rigby replies and I take a seat on the couch that is resting at the side of the table.

“It has come to my notice that you were the cause of this fight,” he tells me, a serious look across his face.

I glance at the boys once before turning back to Mr. Rigby.

“Umm sir, I did not ask them to fight or anything. They just, kind of went crazy,” I say, letting out slight a nervous chuckle.

I’m going to kill these two if I get into trouble.

“The two of you get a month’s detention and you miss Winters, are now responsible for organising the spring dance.”

I stare at him blankly as he finishes talking. Did he just say organise, responsible and dance in one sentence? I hope everyone is perfectly aware of the fact that I simply do not know how to organise something. Also, taking responsibility over something as big as the spring dance is not under my expertise, excuse me for that.