Chapter 5- I'm Turning Into a Big Fat Tomato

Picture of Zach-ass Davidson on the side -->>

Chapter 5

I’m Turning Into a Big Fat Tomato

“What’s up,” he says. What’s up? Really now Jay?

“Umm, nothing much?” I tell him, unsure of myself. I don’t even know what to say to him right now. He was the one who wanted to talk to me since this morning. But if ‘what’s up’ is what he wants to talk about, then he’s the stupidest person I’ve ever had a crush on in my life.

He goes silent after that. Maybe because he realised how stupid his question was. Maybe he just doesn’t want to talk to a socially inept person like me. He was the one who asked to talk to you, stop making useless assumptions.

“So uh, why did you call me here?” I ask, breaking the silence as he plays with the cap of hiswater bottle.

“Huh? Yeah I umm, I wanted to ask you about the thing that Zach said in school yesterday,” He replies and my heart decides to go wild and threaten to burst out of my chest, telling me that if I don’t run away from this place right now, I would die of embarrassment.

“What about it?” I ask, trying to be as cool calm and collected as I can. Jay Carter is going to be the death of me someday.

“Well, did you really have a crush on me?” He comes straight to the point, making my cheeks turn redder than a tomato. Holy mother of Hermione Granger.

“Er uhm, haha,” I reply, looking away and actually saying ‘haha’ instead of laughing. I was in no mood to laugh, no don’t make that mistake. This situation was not something to be laughed about, this was THE most fucking seriously embarrassing moments of my life that I wish never occured and I never have to recall. Stupid cheeks.

“So...?” He trails off, looking at me intently. Oh god what am I supposed to say right now?

“I eh, it’s nothing really. Just, don’t worry about it,” I wave a hand dismissively. Yeah sure it’s nothing, the way you’re saying it, he’s sure going to buy that you fool.

I just wish I could shut off the overly sarcastic comments of my inner voice. Aren’t the voices in your head supposed to support you, and give you good advices so you don’t royally screw up?

“Nothing? Are you sure it’s nothing?” He says, raising his brows and shifting closer so our legs are touching. Code Red! Code Red!

I’m gonna be dead in a moment’s time.

“Yeah of course pssshhh, it’s just eh..”

“Really?” He’s now smirking, with one of his eyebrows raised, looking at me with amusement. The idiot clearly wasn’t buying it. Of course he wouldn’t, you sound like a horse raped you.

“I have to go,” I tell him, grabbing my bag and standing up to leave.

“I wouldn’t have believed him if I hadn’t seen this,” he says, making me stop in my tracks and turn to face him again. He he was holding a piece of paper in front of me, now standing up. Frowning, I take it from his hands while he keeps smirking. There on the paper was another embarrassing shock for me, written in almost my handwriting was, ‘Mrs. Jay Carter’ Now when the fuck did I write this? I am not such a stupid girl for heaven’s sake I don’t do such stuff.

But then I noticed, that it’s almost my handwriting, not really mine. Who could’ve done this? I’m sure even if I’m drunk enough I wouldn’t do anything so increasingly cheesy and stupid. This has to be someone who....