CHAPTER 59

KURT'S POV
I can't pretend that I don't have any feelings for Dria anymore. Masyado na akong nagpapanggap na wala na siya sakin. When in fact she makes me feel alive and she gave me another reason to love life because of our unborn child.

I am fully aware na masyadong magulo ang sitwasyon naming dalawa. Bakit kasi hindi pwede na kaming dalawa, gusto namin ang isa't isa, tapos. Wala nang kung anu ano pa. Pero siyempre hindi ganon kadali ang buhay.

But seeing Dria now lying beside me, her belly all swelled up and my baby, our baby inside her is growing, iba yung happiness na nararamdaman ko. Yung happiness na yun enough para kalimutan ko lahat ng pain.

I am determined to make this work. I am determined to make her stay no matter what and make her happy. Yun lang naman ang gusto ko, ang maging masaya siya. And I'll start now.

DRIA'S POV
I woke up with the smell of food. And instantly my stomach growled. Gutom na ako. Ang bango naman non. I looked around and wala na si Kurt sa tabi ko. Hindi na ako tumayo kagabi. I'm too tired and Kurt felt good beside me.
Tumayo na ako and pumunta sa kusina. Sino kaya ang nagluluto?

And to my surprise it was Kurt.

"Dria, goodmorning. How was your sleep?" I instantly blushed. Hindi alam ni Kurt na aware ako na natulog siya beside me kagabi.

"It was good, it was suprisingly good. Sarap ng tulog ko." I said with a smile.

"Good, well I hope you are hungry. I made fried rice, tocino, bacon and egg. Plus I made freshly squeezed orange juice." Kurt smiled at me, instantly my mouth waters. Ang sarap sarap.

"Ugh, ang sarap naman. Let's eat?" And we ate in silence. For the first time hindi awkward yung silence between us.

By the end of breakfast, I almost consumed all of the food. Ang gana ko talaga kumain.

I went to the garden, maganda naman kasi ang sikat ng araw. Hindi ganon kainit sa balat. I try to remember the last time that I felt this contented and happy. And it was with Kurt as well. I smiled of the memory of us hiking. It was years ago. We were still in highschool. We went to this hill and watched the sun rise. I was smiling to myself when Kurt saw me.

"What are you smiling about?" Kurt asked smiling.

"Nothing" i said, still smiling and hindi convinced si Kurt.

"Ano nga? Siguro katawan ko iniisip mo no?" And I blushed. Kapal talaga nito haha

"Hala ang kapal mo naman. Haha hindi no" i said with a smile.

"Eh ano nga?" He urged and I just can't resist.

"Remember that day when we went to the hill and watched the sun rise? It was one of my most treasured memories and I was so happy back then." I said with a smile on my face.

"Oo naman" sabay tawa ni Kurt "hirap na hirap ka nga umakyat eh" omg. True haha hindi naman kasi talaga ako sporty na tao.

"Ugh. Tara akyat ngayon hindi na ako hihingalin"

"Okay ka lang ba? May mangyari pa sa baby natin" haha natatawa niyang sinabi sakin.

Oo nga pala buntis ako. Yung baby ko. Napangiti uli ako.

"Kapag nakapanganak na ako, dadalhin ko siya doon." I said while smiling and rubbing the swell of my tummy.

"Natin" he said. And I looked at him. He's staring intently at me.

"Huh?" I asked kasi hindi ko nagets. "Anong natin?"

"Tayong dalawa ang magdadala sa kanya." He said and for a short while he looked like he's contemplating on saying something.  He exhaled and said;
"Dria, I know a lot has happened between the two of us over the years. Some good and some bad. But what I can tell you is that I don't regret anything. And I'm happy na we are having a family: so I ask you this, that please consider me to be a part of your life and our unborn child's life. I know I'm not perfect but I can promise you that I'll do my best for our family. Let's be happy and forget the past but learn from it. Dria, I love you. I love you very much."

And for once, I am at loss for words. He loves me. He said he loves me.

KURT'S POV

Why? Why did I decide to say those things? Actually I don't feel regret, I am just amazed on how much I still love her. Having a baby is just a bonus and I'm truly sincere that I want to make this work and that I love her.

Our love story has been one hell of a roller coaster ride and now, I want us to finally reach the end where we are happy and so contented with our lives.

I look at her and all I could see is our future together, us having a family and her holding our baby. It's such a view and I want it to last.

I hope she agrees and say that she still loves me. Because I love her. Oh how I love her.

She looked shocked and I wouldnt blame her. I was shocked myself.

She moved a step closer to me and I wait in anticipation.

This is it. She's finally saying that she loves me.

She held my face between her hands.

Oh how I love her.

She said something.

What?

"I can't"

Why? I look in disbelief.

"W-why?" That the only word that I managed to say. "Dria baki-it? Hindi mo na ba ako mahal?"

Natatakot ako sa magiging sagot niya, pero wala na akong choice. Nandito na ako at kailangan kong marinig lahat ng sasabihin niya.

"Mahal kita Kurt. Sobrang mahal kita ng higit po sa buhay ko."

"Then why Dria? Why?!" I held her hands that are still touching my face.

"Because I'm afraid and tired of getting hurt."

Nanlamig ako. Puro na lang ba sakit ang binibigay ko sa kanya?

"I'm sorry Dria." I can't believe I'm crying. The love of my life loves me but can't do this with me.

"I'm sorry too Kurt. I'm sorry" that's the last thing that she said before retreating into her room.

What shall I do now? I went outside and sat on the porch. Shall I give this up?
Sabi ng utak ko pabayaan ko na si Dria but my heart refuses to follow.

I contemplated a little more and have made up my mind. I'll do everything to win her back.