Chapter 1 part 3

Chapter 1 part 3

"Cheoki! Get everyone out of here!" my father raored as he passed me riding on his horse.

I ran inside every tent, helping families get out. But then I noticed something wasn't right. I knelt to the ground and pressed my ear on the floor. Vibrations, not that far away.

"There's more coming."

If everyone keeps heading out into the fields then the giants will get them for sure. I sprinted over to my father's empty tent and took out his chief horn, that way everyone will see me. I ran back outside and stood on a tree stump, and blew on the horn. All surviors looked up at me, with great fear.

"Eveyone climb up the mountains!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

All the people immediately head for the mountains, as more giants from afar were getting closer. I ran back down to the village to find my father, but by the time I reached there, there was nothing but ash.

My whole village had burned down. I held my Howler to my lips and softly blew into it. It was silent for about fifteen minutes. All I was able to hear were the faint cries of my people. This time I blew harder and waited again.

Amazingly I heard a low pitch whistle. I immediately ran toward the sound, I saw nothing but white ash on my feet and ash snowing from the air.
Again I blew my whistle.

"Cheoki is that you?!" called a shaky voice.
I squinted my eyes trying to makeout the figure. It was Kanta, one of the warriors of the Bullheads, and behind him was Nuka, one of my friends brother.

" Kanta, Nuka what happened? Where is my family!?"

" The fire spread on the giant and went down, burning everything." Kanat replied.

"Have you seen my sister?" Nuka interrupted "Did you see Hima, anywhere?"

" I didn't really notice. But everyone was headed to the mountains."

"Really? Because I saw a giant got in their way. Many ran toward the forest and plains." Kant looked down.

" We have to find them!" I quickly answered.

Kanta without hesitation reached into his pack and handed me a knife. We searched throught the ashes hoping to find any weapons and food. Once we stocked up on supplies we headed out of the ash and into the wild.