Chapter 15 part 3

Chapter 15 part 3

In the afternoon, the three leaders sat together doing their own work while everyone else was out training.

"How did the interview go?" Hanji asked breaking the silence.

"Pretty well, all we need is Rowtag, unfortunately he is refusing to talk until he sees Cheoki." Erwin answered, his eyes not leaving his paper.

"Hell no, that shit almost killed her last time. He's far too dangerous to be near." Levi's fist slowly turned white as his knuckles jutted out.

"She gets mixed up with the most dangerous people." Hanji chuckled

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I was talking to her this morning, you know." she smirked

"Oh? About what?"

"She worries about you, Levi."

"She has nothing to be worried about." He poured himself another glass of wine.

"You should be happy that there's someone out there that cares. She's pretty devoted."

"It's risky, her devotion will get her killed one day." He sighed "I can't afford to lose another."

" I know that all she wants is to be by your side."

"Well, Levi isn't really the safest person to be around." Erwin chuckled

"You must be pretty jacked up on your medicine, aren't you" Levi's eyes darted over to him.

"I suggest you talk to her. I'm sure she'll listen to you."

Later after the meeting, Levi went outside for some fresh air. When he reached to the center of the town, sitting on the water fountain was a young girl and a figure wrapped in a blanket. He moved closer by the lamp post to hear their conversation.

Girl: Why are you dressed like that?

Cheoki: I'm sick.

Girl: You have a fever?

Cheoki: Don't worry, you won't get sick.

Girl: I hope you know that you're not allowed to stick your feet in there. My mum says it's not lady like and it's a monument.

Cheoki: What are you going to do? Tell on me?

Girl: No, but I do want to know the song you were singing, it's very lovely.

Cheoki: Thank you, my mother sang it to me when I was a little girl.

Girl: I've never seen your face before, are you new?

Cheoki: You can say that.

Cheoki lifts her head seeing the mother come out of a store.

"Mary, let's go! We must have supper prepared!" she called out. The young girl bid her farewell and ran off with her mother. Once she was alone again, she began humming a tune and splash her feet in the water.

🎵🎵My Little flower girl, oh what a pretty sight. Sleeping through the cold cold niight.
How lovely is this land, set in papa's hand. You can be his helper too, maybe rule the land.
My little flower girl, trample in the woods. Don't be sacred of what's out there, just keep wearing your hood.
When days are way too hard, just whistle in the dark. Standing there with your head held high, mama's on your side.🎵🎵

After repeating the chorus, Levi walked over and sat down beside her. Cheoki slowly pulled the blanket off her head, revealing her face, however she did not look at him.

"Long time, no see. How's your leg?" she smiled.

"It's getting better, in a short time we'll be out in our next mission to go visit Eren's house. Maybe we might actually be successful."

"But you just got better. Shouldn't you be resting?"

"I could say the same to you. But we have bigger things to discuss."

"Like what?"

"Your tribe members here and what are you going to do about it."

"Honestly I have no idea. I just came out here to think but that's not really working now is it." her smile faded into a frown. "You need something, don't you."

"Hanji wants you to convince Rowtag to open up to us." Cheoki had a short laughing fit when he asked her but it suddenly seized when she saw his face.

"I'm too scared, I also know that this will end in another fight." Cheoki turned herself around and dried her feet with her blanket. "However, this is getting tedious, I might as well end it now."

When the moon had finally rose, the two had finally reached the building, however Cheoki froze.

"What's wrong?" Levi asked looking down at her trembling hands.

"I'm sure Hanji told you that I don't want to leave but then again I must go. But I..." Levi walked over to her and lightly laid his hand on hers.

"I believe that the answer will come to you. You've been very faithful to me, but I'm afraid that staying with me might not be the best answer."

"I can't just leave you, your still hurt!"

"That's not my point."

"Please Levi, don't push me away just cause you think I might get hurt. I chose this, I want to be by your side." She squeezed his hand tighter. Levi patted her head and said in a soft voice.

"Hope you are prepared for what's coming to you because from now on you are to follow me like a shadow should."

Her eyes glistened with tears but she quickly looked away and wiped the tears.

"Let's go."