Chapter 25

Chapter 25 Hope

Tribe

All females stayed by the cave, sewing and cooking their next meal. As the males, they were all forced to participate in making canoes. As the girls received the hunters' kill of the day, they began to skin the deer.

"It's been a while since, they found a deer." Hima laughed as she crushed up a bunch of berries.

"Back at our home, we don't get alot of meat as well." Sasha salivated.

"I'm shocked! Hima and Kai have told me that your people live behind a great wall. You have more people to send out to hunt." Muta gasped. The other women looked at their guests, all with their mouths gaping wide.

Esmeralda, Obin's wife, came up to the girls trying to catch her breath.

"Muta, where's Kano the great?!" She tugged on her sleeve.

"He's still asleep. Why do you ask for him?" Muta tried to help the woman stay standing.

"I heard a distress call! Out in the woods when I went over to greet Obin. I can't place who it is!" she panted.

"Hima, go get Hanto and find it! Everyone check on the sleepers and tell me who is missing. I'll go wake Kano! Hurry!" Muta yelled as he started to run back inside the cave.

Everyone else ran in as well and checked inside the tents. The team gathered together, checking if they're all together.

"Whose missing?" Eren's eyes shifted at each face in the group.

"Hanji amd Armin are both at the prison cave, talking to Grisha." Erwin informed them.

"Where's Levi?" Eren pointed out.

"Now, that you've mentioned it, none of us has seen him this morning." Jean thought it over.

"Well, he was still on the roof of the cave when I left him last night." Eren recalled.

"He's not up there now." Jean huffed.

Kano and the rest of the tribe ran out of the cave and gathered together.

"Kai! My son!" Kano yelled and with the horn he held, he blew on it loudly.
"KAI!" he yelled again.

"Kano, I've sent Hima and Hanto out. But you must bring help to go find him!" Muta dabbed the her tears.

"Don't worry, Muta. Levi's with him, he'll be safe." Erwin reasuured the family that the boy will be fine.

"But why? Why would he run off? He was up all night on patrol." Kano rubbed his temples.

"We can come with you to find him." Berthodlt patted him on the back. "If theres a titan or Rowtag, we can scare them off easily." He grinned.

Kano and Muta looked at each other. Muta, smiled and nodded in agreement. Kano held up his spear and began his warrior howl. The rest of his hunting team responded with the howl as well.

"Come my guest, we shall find your friend and my son. Off we go!" Kano raised his spear and charged into the forest with his followers behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the forest

"Kai, get your head in the game!" Levi hissed.

The titan began to move again, trying to listen for their movements. As the brids chirpped around them, the titan lept to the trees and scared off the birds.

"Levi, I'm not joking! I really do hear someone, our help may get killed from helping us."

The titan deeply inhaled the air since listening wasn't working. The titan jumped to a tree a few feet away from them. Levi and Kai slowly tried to move closer to the end of their branch. However, the titan grew suspicious once she heard the bark crunch underneath Levi's boot.

The titan launched into their tree, knocking Kai down. But Levi caught him, still hanging on the limp branch.

"Levi!" Kai shouted, pointing at the titan right above their heads.

"Cheoki, stop! It's us!" Levi tried to reach out to her but he was unsuccessful.

The Angel titan leaned over ready to take a bite out of Levi's arm. But then she stopped due to the sound of a deep whistle. In a split second, Hanto came in swinging his battle axe at her.

"Hanto, hurry! Save me!" Kai cried seeing that his grip on Levi's hand was slipping.

From the corner of his eye, Levi caught a glimpse of Hima dashing in their direction. Hima captured Kai right when he let go. With his free hand, Levi swung to another tree.

"Hanto, be careful with Cheoki!" Kai yelled.

"What the hell are you jabbering about?" Hanto scowled as he grapled onto another tree, escaping th titan's violent blows.

"Hanto, as much as this brat talks, he's telling the truth!" Levi called to him from the tree right next to him.

"Hanto, he's right! I'm sorry I didnn't inform you all!" Hima cried. Finally she set Kai down and drew their bows.

"What did your people do to my sister!?" Hanto growled ready to pounce at Levi.

"She came to us like that!" Levi yelled back, holding out his swords.

"Will both of you knock it off! We have bigger problems right now!" Hima yelled as she jumped away from the titan's dive.

"So how do we kill it?" Hanto asked looking over at Levi.

"You slit the back of their necks. However, you can't cut too deep or else you'll end up killing Cheoki." Levi grumbled.

"You mean, she's still alive in there?" Hanto gazed at the titan in shock.

"She's a shifter. Usually, a shifters's body will be found back there."

"Brother, hand him a hook! He's strong enough to kill it in one blow!" Kai ran across the ground and with his hook, swung around a tree.

Hanto reached into his bag and tossed Levi a grapling hook.

"Distract her for me." Levi ordered. Hanto stared at him with suspicious eyes.
"I care about her as well. I want her to get home just as much as you do."

Hanto sighed and jumped over to Hima and Kai. Each attacked her one at a time. While she was trying to keep track, with the hook Levi jumped onto it's back. Once he stood above it's neck, he slit it with all his might.

The beast fell off it's tree and smashed into the ground. Levi dug his sword deeper and cut an even wider opening. For some reason he couldn't find a body.

"So where is she?" Hanto and the rest jumped down.

Levi stabbed the flesh several more times, his body was burning from it's blood. Finally, he threw aside his sword and began to dig through the hot flesh with his own hands.

"Don't do this to me now! Where are you damn it?!" Levi growled.