Chapter 2 part 2

Chapter 2 part 2

We've been walking for another three days, but this time we're starving. None of us has eaten any real food, we were basically living off of nuts and berries now.

"What's that?!" Nuka pointed at a sack that looked very familiar.

I quickly ran over to it and began to search it. Around it were huge indents in the ground and splatters of blood.

" This is from our tribe." I clutched it tighter

"Look what I found." Kanta held up a headband of colorful feathers. "This belongs to Rowtag. I'm sure of it."

"We better keep going" I said bringing the bag. I reached in and pulled out some jerky for us to eat.

"Shouldn't we be looking for him?" Nuka nervously asked.

"Why should we? I'm pretty sure he is capable of watching over himself."

"You ran away from the wedding, didn't you." Kanta said waking further away from us. "And now, you're running again."

"As I said before, Rowtag and I are not compatible.He doesn't interest me."

"It's because of you, the whole village is missing!" This was the first time I heard Kanta yell before.

"Well, marriage isn't for everyone now is it!" I yelled back but he didn't look at me. So I ran in front of him to get his attention.

"Get out of my way." he spoke sternly

"No, Let's talk." we all stopped walking. The moon hovered over us brightly so we were able to see each other.

"I did my best to save everyone. It's not like I just watched it happen!"

"Hey guys.." Nuka tried to butt in

"Oh really?! Well, it's because of you that giant destroyed everything!" Kanta yelled back

"Guys, we have to move now!!" Nuka screamed as he started running.

In front of us was a giant lifting his foot and viciously stomping on What was left of Kanta. I began to sprint towards Nuka, still in shock my hands wouldn't stop shaking.

"Cheoki, what should we do!?" Nuka cried with tears running down his face.

I quickly looked behind us to see how far the giant was. Gladly since it was night, he ran a lot slower than usual. But we couldn't keep running since we barely had any food.

"Cheoki!!!" Surprisingly Nuka came closer to me and pushed me aside.

The giant had reached down and picked up Nuka.

"Cheoki, keep running! You'll be safe over there!" it was the last thing Nuka said before he was swallowed completely by the giant.

"Nuka!!" I sobbed but I kept on running hoping to find help. Not that far away I saw an old house. I quickly broke a window and climbed in. My first instinct was climbing down stairs and hide myself there to avoid getting eaten.