Chapter 29 part 3

Chapter 29 part 3

That morning I sat up on my bed and I was unexpectedly startled to see Levi there. On the floor were pieces of clothing and flowers. I laid back and rested my head on his back.

I never noticed how fit he was. Even when he was resting, I could still see the outline of his muscles. I also noticed several scars and gashes faded into his skin. I traced my finger over his largest one which stretch from his shoulder to his mid-back.

I picked up my dress off the floor and covered Levi with the blanket. I softly kissed his cheek and headed outside. However I was stopped by a sudden grip on my wrist. I turned around and noticed that Levi was awake.

"Were you pretending to be asleep this whole time?" I asked raising one brow.

"Maybe I was or maybe I just woke up in time." he talked into the pillow.

"Alright then, what do you need?" I sat back on the bed and combed my fingers through his hair.

He slowly sat up and flexed his muscles.

"I need some food." He yawned scratching his bed head which was surprisingly cute of him.

Even on his chest there were visible gashes that reached down to his abs. I stared at them wondering how deep this wound was and whether he screamed from pain.

"Don't mind that, it was along time ago." He smirked and ruffled my hair.

"I never noticed those. I still feel that you're still reckless." I smiled. Again I though about how unperfevt I was as well. I suddenly grew very cautious of my eyes and teeth. I covered my eye again and sighed.

"We all have scars that tell a story. This one will remind me of the sun on the day we got married." He said as he pulled my hands away from my face.

"How about some food?" I chuckled.

When we were both dressed we went outside which was filled with food. We had several tables set up and were being filled with even more.

"Cheoki, you're finally awake! Come, you have to see the dress your mother made last night." Hima squealed as she dragged me away from Levi.

She brought me over to a small tent. Inside was a white dress with little beads chains hanging at it's waist. On the chest it had small flowers scattered. Back of the dress was to be tied with red thread and on the shoulders were a light see through white cloth that acted as a train.

The dress was to go down to my feet but there was a small slit over at the right side of my leg. It was twice as beautiful as the first one my mother had made.

Just the very sight of it brought tears to my eyes. Me in that dress on the wedding that I actually look forward to.

"Do you like it?" mother asked as she entered in.

"I love it!" I jumped to her arms, laughing hysterically. "It's the most beautiful dress I've ever seen."

"You enjoy your day and wait for me to call you over when it's time." Mother kissed my forehead and sent me back outside.

The whole day, everybody has been running around doing errands and dressing up. The girls and I took a long bath over by a small spring, where we bathed in the freshest herbs. After that it was time to get ready.

When I wore my dress, I never felt so happy in my life. I braided my hair off to the side where I placed small colorful flowers in it. The plan was to start the wedding right when the sun begins to set to avoid any titan activity like the previous one.

Mikasa came inside my tent to hand me my crown of flowers and beads. She lightly placed it on my head and softly smiled at me.

"You're very lucky. I know it's going to be a beautiful wedding."

I pulled her close and hugged her tightly.

"I'm sure your wedding will be just as beautiful as mine and I'll be there to watch you marry the man you love." I smiled.

She lifted her scarf to her lips and smiled. Once she left my tent, I had several more girls from the tribe to greet and bless my wedding day. After they left the scouting legion trainees came in and offered me a bouquet of white flowers.

I thanked them for all the help and being here for me. Once they left, my bothers came in and sang me songs to ease my anxiety.

"Big day, big day!" Kai sang.

"Everything will be alright, don't you worry about it." Hanto patted my back before they both left my tent.

The next people to enter were the scouting leaders. Erwin came over gave me a hefty hug while Hanji kissed both sides of my cheeks.

"Well, well look at you all grown up. I remember the first time I found you." she sniffled. "Brings back such good memories." She wiped her eyes.

"Hanji..."

"You know Cheoki, you do have the tendency to surprise people. Because of you we may be able to solve this and finally live in peace." Erwin smiled and laid his hand on my head. "thank you."

"I should be the one to thank you guys. You saved my life more than once and I'm grateful to you." I sat down and dabbed my eyes.

"Cheoki, what is it?" Hanji knelt over to me.

"I don't know why but I'm so scared. I just can't believe this is happening. It's too good to be true." I chuckled.

"You're here and yes, this is all real. You deserve it, after all you've been through. You deserve a moment like this." Hanji wiped my face.

She held my hand which eventually stopped my shaking.

"Cheoki, it's time." My mother called with her head sticking in the tent.