Chapter 24

Chapter 24 Precious

Late at night, Eren sat on the roof of the cave staring at the trees for hours. Mikasa looked up at him concerned.

"Armin, we have to talk to him or at least get him down. He's been up there all day." Armin grabbed on to her shoulder.

"Wait Mikasa, it's best to leave him alone.There must be alot of things on his mind right now."

"Yeagar, is still up there?" Levi walked up to them with Hima following from behind.

"Someone should say something to him." Hima said looking over to Mikasa. "Mikasa, you and Armin should follow me. Grisha the Ape wants to see both of you."

"What about Eren?" Mikasa asked with great concerned swelling within her. Her eyes glistened with worry.

"You can leave that to me." Levi looked at her, seeing that she still doesn't fully trust him.

"Just leave it to him, Mikasa. I trust you." Armin looked back at him, tugging Mikasa's arm to follow.

Once he was alone, Levi went to climb up the cave. On the roof, Eren sat there motionless and puffy eyed. He sprang up and saluted him once he noticed him standing there.

"C-Captain! Sorry I didn't know you were up here." he stammered.

"Everyone has been watching you. They're all worried about you." Levi sighed crossing his arms.

"Oh I'm sorry." Eren looked down at his hands. "Levi, where did you find him? And tell me the truth."

"We found him inside the Ape titan. He says that he's been trying to master it's power, seeing how long he can stay inside without losing his mind or something like that." Levi told him bluntly. Eren punched his hand to the ground.

"That...that bastard left just so he can go play around with his experiment!?" From the light of the moon, the tears on his face shined. "No, he had to have some better reason to why he did this. All of this."

Eren got to leave but he was tripped.

"You can speak to him in the morning. Right now you're not emotionally stable to see him. Sleep it off."

Eren got up and nodded in reply.

"Eren, there's one more thing. How did you become allies with the other shifters. Weren't you going to kill them?" Levi asked before Eren could climb down.

"Well, right when Ymir and I were gonna kill Reiner, Berthodlt appeared with Annie behind him. They say that there may be a cure for this."

"How did Annie get here?"

"She said she heard a scream. Like someone was crying for help. She woke up which caused the crystal to crack, Once she got out of the walls, she turned into a titan and sprinted here."

"Are you sure we can trust them?"

"I'm not sure. Part of me wants to believe them but the other half... I just don't want time to repeat itself." Both Levi and Eren's faces became grim once they remembered the old Levi squad.

"Get some rest, we have a busy day tomorrow." Levi sat down and watched the sky.

"Yes sir." Eren said as he began to climb down the cave.

Levi observed the trees moving in the distance but he found out it was only birds. He grew restless, watching every movement on the trees.

"Where the hell are you? You better not be dead." Levi clenched his fists tightly. "You promised me. You promised."

The next morning, Levi woke up still on the roof of the cave. With one eye opened, he found Kai squatting and staring at him with maniacally.

"Can I help you?" he sassed.

"Don't mind me. I was just amazed to see you actually human." Kai smiled as he sat back.

"What do you want, brat?" Levi stretched out his arms once he sat up. He looked up, seeing that there was no sun.

"Well, Erween and Hammy said that they were going to go check up on Grisha and the borders in the woods. They told me to make sure no titan would eat you up. Hima and the rest of the team are still alseep, I've been up all night standing on guard-" Kai babbled on not knowing how much Levi was tryong to ignore him. He rolled over to his side trying to fall back to sleep.

"Mister! Wake up!"

"Why do you have to bother me? It's way too early!" Levi growled but Kai craled over to the other side so he'd be facing him.

"I came here for a reason! I want you to help me find Cheoki."

"Why don't you wake Hanto or Hima?"

"Because they're both morning guards and hunters. Mother and father would notice they were gone plus I know you want to find her as much as my family does!" Kai began to shake him. "Come one Levi! My mother told me that if you love someone you should fight for them with all your strength. And let me just say, your strength is going to waste!"

Seeing that he had no chance in winning, he got up and walked down with the boy.