The Whole Week

I tapped my fingers against the mouse pad on my computer. I watched Stevie flip her long, blonde hair over her shoulder, adjusting her hat a bit. It was some sort of pro LGTB week on YouTube, so we had Stevie share her coming out story.

Every word she said explained how I felt. Every single thing she said, reminded me of him. I glanced into the camera-feed to just observe him. His bright, icy blue eyes sparkled into the camera, his perfect smile lighting up the whole room. I watched him swiftly run his lanky fingers through his dark, charcoal hair. He pushed his thick glasses up, laughing at something Stevie had said.

I snapped out of my trance when Chase leaned over to me, asking if I was alright. I just brushed him off, and started paying more attention to Stevie. Yesterday Alex and Mike came out, admitting their bromance was more than a silly act they played onscreen.

I wish I was as brave as them. I wish I could tell Link how much I loved him. Not as a friend, more than that. I almost loved him more than Jessie.

No you don't. You don't love him. Idiot.

I listened to my subconscious, and snapped out of it. I watched Link awkwardly give Stevie a hug from his chair, so I did the same. Link rolled in the Wheel of Mythicality. Finally, the episode was almost over. I've never wanted an episode to end faster.

In Good Mythical More I excused myself, saying I didn't feel too well. Which was true, I wasn't myself.

Eddie hooked his arm with mine.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"You looked like you were gonna pass out," Eddie said, lowering his voice, as to not be heard on the crew's mic.

He led me into the dressing room, handing me a water. He leaned against the door frame, watching me take a drink. The cool, crisp water hit my lips, and I immediately felt a little better.

"You good?" Eddie asked.

"Yeah, I'll uh.. Be out in a bit," I said. Eddie simply nodded, shutting the door behind him.

I fluffed up my golden hair, studying the dark bags under my eyes. I splashed a bit of water against my face, hearing a knock at the door. I followed Eddie back into the studio, shyly.

Link looked at me with those damn eyes of his.

What else is he gonna look at you with? His ears?

I shot him a weak smile, returning to my seat.

"So are you guys excited?" Stevie asked, acting as if I had never left.

"For what?" I asked. I crossed my arms, leaning back in my chair.

"For the trip to our school remember? Next week is our 33rd friend-iversiry!" Link exclaimed. I tried to hide the worry on my face. A whole week, just Link and I in North Carolina. The same place where I've had to hide my feeling from him since the first grade.

"Oh, yeah. Be sure to check those out, vlogs of us exploring our home town everyday. For the whole week," I played it off as if I was advertising it.

The whole week.