Date Day

"Bye guys, have a good time!" I called to the boys as they scurried into the van. Jessie smiled at me brightly, waving goodbye.

"Bye baby, be good," Link mumbled, giving one last hug to Lilly.

"Bye dad, bye Uncle Rhett!" she said, running to the car.

"We'll drive safe, see you around eight, okay?" Christy said, giving Link a quick peck on the cheek.

"Alright, see you then."

Link carefully wrapped his arm around my waist. I watched the van drive down the street, disappearing over the horizon.

Link dropped his arm, lacing his fingers with mine.

"So, I made something for you..." Link cooed, leading me into his house.

"Why?" I asked. He didn't need to. He took us out yesterday, and now he's doing something else nice.

"I made you breakfast," he said, entering the kitchen. I looked down at the table. I'm not sure what I expected from Link. For some reason when he built it up I thought it would be some gourmet meal, but it was just two bowls of Frosted Mini Wheats.

"Nice," I giggled, sitting down.

Link shoveled the sugary cardboard into his mouth, while I just kinda played with my spoon.

"What's wrong?"

"Hmm?" I looked up, meeting Link's worried, icy eyes. "Nothin', why?"

"You never hesitate to eat... Unless it's liver. I promise you, it's just cereal."

I laughed, taking a big bite. "Yep, it's definitely cereal."

Link set his spoon down, causing a loud clang to fly through the air.

I stopped eating as Link hopped out of his chair, wrapping his lanky arms around my chest.

"What's happening?" I asked, a mouthful of Mini Wheats trapping my tongue.

Link said nothing, instead he grasped onto my hand, leading me up the stairs. My stomach flipped. I immediately wanted to throw up the three bites of cereal I had just eaten.

I watched him open the wooden door leading to his bedroom. He turned around to face me, standing up on his tip toes.

He carefully kissed my neck, nibbling at my collar bone.

My throat swelled. I couldn't speak, but I didn't know what to say anyway.

I stood still, my palms sweating.

Link's hands moved from the small of my back, carefully exploring under my shirt. His fingers carefully traced over the bones on my spine, sending shivers along the back of my neck.

I wanted to ask him to stop. I wasn't ready.

Link wants this.

I don't.

You don't want him to hate you, do you?

Well... No.

Then act like you like it.

But I don't.

Yes, you do.

I carefully pushed against Link's arms. He brushed his lips against mine, but I didn't kiss him back.

He's going to hit you, like your father did.

No he won't, Link's different.

You're upsetting him. You're complicating things.

"L-Link..." I croaked out.

He immediately stopped his kisses. He jerked his hands away from my back, carefully holding my hands in his.

You've done it now.

Link lifted his hand up to my face.

You deserve this.

My body jerked violently, as I began to convulse. My body shook with every shaky breath I took in.

Link's fingers lightly swept over my cheek.

"Rhett? Did you think I was going to hurt you?" he asked, holding my chin in his hand.

I took in another broken breath.

"Y-yes," I gasped between sobs.

"I will never hurt you, okay? I'm sorry. You're in control, you tell me when to stop, okay?" he asked, gently stroking my chin with his thumb.

I took deeper breaths, trying to calm down.

"What do you want to do today? Anything you want, I'm sorry, I want to make it up to you," Link rambled.

"Link, it's okay," I mumbled, wiping at my dampened cheeks.

"We could go out on a date, or go to the park, or maybe Mike and Alex aren't doin' anything, they might hang out with us!" Link suggested.

A double date. At this point, everyone in the crew knew about our secret relationship and the situation with our families. Stevie, Mike, Drew, Alex, Chase, and Eddie were beaming when they learned. They all offered to babysit the kids if we ever needed alone time, but I figured it'd be too much to ask of them.

"Yeah, a date with Mike and Alex sounds fun."