Did It?

Stevie carefully sat down on the couch. We asked her if we could talk to her after all the recordings were done, so here we are.

"So, we wanted to talk about that whole... Ya know," Link mumbled, awkwardly.

"Oh, okay," Stevie said, leaning in to listen. I didn't really know how this would play out...

"Any questions?" I asked her. She already knew the basis of it all, we kissed.

"Have you two screwed yet?" she blurted out.

"What?" Link asked, his mouth gaping open.

"Have you two... You heard me," Stevie said, shifting in her seat.

"No. Why was that your first question?" I asked her, fidgeting with a tuft of my hair.

"I don't know, just wondering. What's going on with Jessie and Christy?" she asked. "I know they had a thing..." she started to say.

"You knew?" I interrupted her. I watched her already pale skin, flush into a pure white color.

"N-no, I just figured something was up, they were acting strange. Asking me to babysit everyday, keep the kids overnight... It just didn't add up, ya know?" Stevie rambled.

"O-oh..." Link said, picking at his fingers.

"So, you two are dating... How long?" Stevie finally asked.

"Um, well, technically a week. We just figured this all out this past week," I explained, looking over at Link. His head hung low, as he messed with the hem on his flannel shirt.

"And Jessie and Christy are cool with it? And you guys are cool with them?" Stevie continued asking questions, being very open to the answers.

"Yeah, we're cool. We're staying together for the fans, the kids, for each other. I don't know, it's complicated," I finally said. Complicated. That's a good way to explain it.

Stevie sat quietly for a while, just observing Link and I sitting together. I watched as her sliver-like eyes shifted around the room.

"I'm glad it all worked out," Stevie finally said, smiling from ear to ear. She got up, giving Link and I a big hug.

Did it all work out though?

I don't know.

"Our secret. I won't tell anyone, okay?" Stevie promised us.

I gripped onto Link's hand, dragging him out of his trance state. As Stevie exited the room, I gently planted a kiss on the raven-haired man's forehead.

It'll work out.