Reasons

I sheepishly followed Link into the room. I watched him place his bag on the bed, where as I placed mine on a chair in the corner of the room.

"You can have the bed man, it's no big deal," I told him. I didn't want to make things awkward.

"What about your back? You can't sleep in a chair for 5 days straight," Link argued.

"I can, really, it's fine," I tried to say, but Link refused.

"As long as you're cool with it, I don't care sharing a bed," he said, plopping himself down.

I peered at the clock.

11:55 p.m.

I turned my attention off of the clock, onto Link, who was now peeling his plaid shirt off of his back. I didn't realize I was staring at his perfect body until his icy eyes met mine.

I quickly shifted my eyes away, at anything else in the room, but they managed to crawl back to Link's bare torso. He simply smiled at me, patting the empty space beside him.

I shrugged my shoulders, sitting down beside him. I slowly unbuttoned my shirt, eventually throwing it into my suitcase.

"I'm gonna call Christy, I'll be right back," Link said, entering the bathroom, shutting the door behind him.

As soon as I heard the click of the door, I swiftly pushed Link's bag off the bed. I neatly sat all the bags next to eachother, and slipped off my jeans as quickly as possible. I hopped under the covers, and pulled out my phone.

I quickly typed to Jessie.

Rhett- Made it to the hotel. Goodnight, tell Locke and Shepard I love them. I'm real tired, but I'll call tomorrow morning.

The bathroom door opened, it's bright light pouring into our dimly lit bedroom.

"Goodnight, love you,"  I heard Link mumble into the phone. He hit the end call, and tossed his phone lightly onto the bed.

"So... What's this surprise you were talking about earlier," I asked. I knew Link couldn't keep a secret to save his life.

"Well, I can't tell you. 'S gonna have to be postponed to Thursday too," Link said, unbuckling his jeans. It took all the power I had not to stare.

"Why?" I asked.

"'Cause, reasons," Link said, folding up his pants, resting them on his bag. He peeled back the covers beside me, laying down.

He reached over, turning off his lamp. My phone shone like a beacon through the darkness.

"Goodnight Rhett," Link said, turning to his side.

"G'night brother."