Chapter 20

The next morning, both Ryuu and Yuki feel confused with mixed emotions.

Yuki absent-mindedly opened her shoe locker. 

"YUKI! Goodmorning!" Hikari gleefully greeted Yuki. 

She turned to greet back and saw Ryuu looking up at her.

Without thinking she looks away quickly leaving a pissed off expression on Ryuu's face. 

"Just what am I doing?! I should stay composed."she told herself.

She turned again to Hikari and smiled. 

"Goodmorning!"she said and turned to her bag.

Hikari looked at Yuki and then back at Ryuu. 

"Oh, Goodmorning Matsunagi-san."Hikari turned to Ryuu and smiled. 

"Hey."he slightly waved. "What's with calling me by my last name?"he asked confused. 

"Ohh, Sorry. I only call people in their first names if we're really that close."she replied. 

"Why? Aren't we close?"he asked and then took a quick glance at Yuki.

Yuki was surprised by the look he gave her. 

"What''s with that look?!"she angrily thought. 

"Well, I thought Yuki would be the only one allowed to call you in your first name."she teasingly replied. 

"Ohh, but ah-"he replied but was interrupted. 

"It's not like that, Hikari."Yuki spoke out. 

"You're only suppose to call people by their first names if you're close."she said while looking down. 

"Huh? Ehh? Aren't you two close?"Hikari asked.

Neither one of them answered. The area suddenly went quiet. 

"Speaking of which, Yuki."she added.

Yuki looked up to her with a confused look. 

"Yesterday, you said that you and Ryuu were going to meet so you stayed back."she said.

Yuki's eyes widened with the sudden topic she brought up. Ryuu looked quiet interested as well. 

"Ahh, Hikari. Ahm."Yuki tried to stop her. 

"Then, I saw you running and crying at the same time."she added and pointed her index finger on her chin while thinking. 

"Huh?You. Yuki."Ryuu spoke up and walked forward towards Yuki. 

Yuki saw his advance and quickly grabbed Hikari. 

"D-don't say weird things to, Matsunagi. We don't want Rika-san to see this in a different way."she quickly said.

Ryuu stopped and was dumbfounded by what she said. 

"D-did she just call me "Matsunagi"?! what this about Rika?!"he thought angrily.

He looked at Yuki and Hikari running away from him and how their image slowly became smaller and smaller.

Days went on and Yuki kept avoiding Ryuu. She never spoke to him when they were alone. She'd only talk to him if it concerned school work.