Chapter Two

Hey everyone! I'm bored and I feel like writing again, so yeah. Anyways, here's the chapter!

It All Started With A Text...

Chapter Two

"And the lead singer is....Alexa!" Ms. Jones said, clapping her hands. I stood up and then sat back down. I heard a couple of quiet 'boos' from directly behind me and Ms. Jones immediately got a mad look on her face.

"Who. Said. Boo?" she asked angrily. I turned around and raised an eyebrow at the people behind me. A couple people were biting their lips, afraid of what she would say. "Must I repeat myself? Who. Said. Boo? Unless someone tells me who it was, everyone can say hello to detention."

Everyone turned to glare at the people behind me. They shrunk back in their seats.

I saw who it was and immediately rolled my eyes. Cassandra and Maggie, the two snobbiest girls in school.

"Fine. It was me. This d*mn snobby b*tch is stuck up and always gets parts!" they exclaimed together, then giggled.

"Principal's office. Right now." Mr. Carter said shortly.

As soon as they left, he went to call someone to find them. While he did that, Ms. Jones took us five singers aside.

"Okay, are you alright Alexa?" she asked me.

I nodded. "I'm fine."

She nodded briskly and then kept talking. "Anyways, when can you stay after school to rehearse?"

I thought about it. I had cheer team Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from five to seven, and Dance team every Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from three to five.

"I can do Thursday or Friday," I volunteered.

"Same with me," Karla and Sasha chorused.(Sasha is on the dance team and cheer team, too.)

"I can do Thursday," Kyle and Tyler volunteered.

"Okay, so we have rehearsal this Thursday until four," she clarified.

We all nodded firmly. She smiled at us and then we went back to the risers and sat down. We ran through a couple of songs' choreogaphy. She let me lead a couple of songs, which I was happy for. When the bell rang, I went ahead of Karla to my locker and took out my social studies stuff.

Then I went through the maze of hallways to my classroom and sat down in my seat. Karla came in a few moments later and sat down next to me.

"I'm so hungry," she whined. I thought of the greasy pizza, chicken, and potatoes that were on sale at the cafeteria. I mentally shuddered and thought of the salad bar.

"I'm not." I said quietly, even though I kind of was.

"Alexa Marie Burnham, you listen to me. You are not fat or ugly, and if I ever hear you say that or even if you think it, I will get seriously peeved off at you. Okay?" she lectured me sternly, giving me a Look.

"Yeah, fine, whatever," I mumbled. She sighed and turned her attention to the front of the room. We learned about the Decleration of Independence and we read it a couple of times, and discussed the people who did and didn't sign it, and why, and who voted for what.

Very boring hour, especially since I already know it. Karla yawned and pretended to fall asleep to try and make me laugh. But that backfired on her when she started laughing to herself and Mrs. McGill saw her.

"Karla, may I ask what is so funny?" she asked, stopping her lecture.

"Sorry, I got the hiccups and that usually helps me get rid of them," she said, giving an innocent smile, and then hiccuping. For real.

"Go and get a drink, then." Mrs. McGill said, going to started her lecture again. She kept a stern eye on us for the rest of the hour, so I was happy when we got to leave. I put all my stuff in my locker and went to the cafeteria, filling up a bowl with a nice salad, grabbing a roll, apple, and bottle of water. I paid and then waited for Karla.

She came up with a tray filled with pizza, a cookie, chocolate milk, and a small bag of potato chips. She smiled brightly at me and then glanced disapprovingly at my tray. I gave her an innocent smile and then went to find a table.

We usually don't sit with the other cheerleaders, but on most Mondays we do. So I found them, and they all scooted over to make room for us. I smiled at them all as I sat down, pulling Karla with me.

"So, are you guys, like, happy that we get to wear our uniforms to school on Friday?" Zoey, a petite blonde, asked.

"I guess so. We wear them for every game, though," I said.

"Yeah, but like, we're getting new ones for the championships in two weeks, remember? We're getting them today."

"Oh, yeah. I remember now," I said, annoyed with her saying "like" all the time. So I focused on my food, eating half of my salad, a bit of my apple, and half of my roll, taking time in between my bites to make sure I was getting full.

When lunch was over, I was satisfied with my food and Karla and I walked across the hall and down another corridor to the gym. We went to the locker room and opened up our gym lockers. I pulled on my shorts and tank top and tennis shoes, and then pulled my hair into a ponytail. I pulled on my knee guards because we're playing volleyball.

Speaking of which, that starts as soon as cheer ends, so in two weeks I can try out! Yes! I love volleyball, it's so much fun!

Karla and I walked out into the gym and we were swarmed by girls, talking to us. We talked back with them, and then Ms. Rose came out. She's twenty-five, with dark brown hair and she's pretty petite.

"Five laps around the gym! Let's go!" she shouted so we could hear her. I shook my head and I took off running. I was jogging and I was at least a quarter of the gym ahead of everyone. I finished first and took a quick drink and then sat down and staretd stretching.

"Okay, girls, let's get the nets out!" she shouted. (Our gym classes are girls-only and boys-only)

We dragged the nets out and set everything up, and then she divided us into eight groups of six (four nets, six on each side.)

I was captain of my team, and we had decent players, I guess. We talked quickly, and decided I would serve first.

"Okay, I am going to match teams up to play. We are playing six-minute games. The winner of each game will go against another winner, and the losers will go against another loser. The two winners of those, will play each other to decide who can go onto the winning side. Then the losing teams will rotate playing each other. Then the winning groups will play. Okay, groups five and two, groups four and six, and groups one and seven, and groups three and eight. Go!"

I was group two, so we met up with group five and all shook hands. We lined up on either side, and Ms. Rose came to us with a volleyball.

"Okay, flip a coin. Group five, call it."

"Heads!" they called.

"Tails it is. Okay, group two serves first." she blew her whistle. "Go!" she shouted to everyone, and started the huge clock with the scores and stuff.

I did a quick serve and then we started playing. We were winning, fifteen to ten, when the whistle blew. We went to the other winning team and started playing.

We were up against Maggie's group. I was front center, when she gave me an evil grin. I had no idea wat she was up to until I felt the hard volleyball collide with my nose. I fell back, hitting my head hard.

"Maggie! To the corner right now! Hailey, go with her!" was the last thing I heard before I blacked out.

Hey! Yeah, I got bored so I staretd to write. Anyways

VOTE/COMMENT/FAN/ADD TO LIBRARY/TELL YOUR FRIENDS

please!!!!!!!!!

AND PM me input on the story and I'll dedicate a chapter to you!