Chapter Nine

So sorry I haven't uploaded, but with homework, family stuff, and Christmas break, I have been super duper busy, and I recently got a story back.

So, yeah, sorry if this is short, but I haven't given you guys a chapter in sooooooo long, so I decided to give you one. Here you go!

UPDATE:

WE ARE ON THE OTHER LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's only 446, but I AM ON A LIST! THank you for helping me get there!

It All Started With A Text...

Chapter Nine

I walked into the school hallway with my crutches, and everyone either stared or rushed towards Karla and I.

"What happened, Alexa?" someone cried.

I shrugged. "I fell during ice skating and let's just say, you do NOT want to see my knee right now."

I had to tell them what happened so I would be left alone, and then Karla helped me to our lockers. I grabbed the stuff I would need for my first four classes, placed them in my backpack, and then put my backpack on one shoulder.

"So, we get to leave classes five minutes early today?" Karla asked. "All because of your crutches?"

"Yeah, apparently they don't want me getting more injured, or something like that," I replied as we went to homeroom. We took our seats, and then talked some more until the bell rang.

Attendance was taken, and five minutes before the bell, Mr. Yates nodded towards me, signaling that I could go ahead and leave with Karla.

We went, slowly, to math and managed to get there right as everyone else got out. Mr. Brown left the room muttering to himself and shaking his head.

I turned to Karla and sighed. "He's in a mood again."

He came back in thirty seconds before the final bell, grumbling again. When the bell rang, he said gruffly, "Assignment is on the board. I want total silence."

I was taken aback, but I pulled out my notebook, pencils, book, and calculator before starting on the assignment. I was done in about forty-five minutes, so I put everything away except for a sheet of paper, and I started writing a little story.

"Miss Burnham, what are you doing?" I heard. My head shot up.

"Oh, I'm finished," I said, gesturing towards the board.

"Why are you-writing?"

"Because there is nothing else I can do. I'm ahead in this class. And all my others."

"So?"

"Uh, I was just writing because I have no more school work to be done."

I was getting fed up. Big time.

"Well, then do tomorrow's assignment."

"I told you, I already completed it. And the rest of the week's, too." Everyone was staring at us, in disbelief. I was only doing something because I was bored, and he was making way too big of a deal out of this.

"One more word and it's straight to the office!" he finally yelled.

My mouth dropped. "What did I do?"

"Office, now!" he bellowed. I put my stuff away and grabbed my crutches. Karla stood up.

"Oh, no you don't. You're not going with her."

"I have too," she replied. "Her parents, and principal's orders."

"Well, too bad." he said. I cocked an eyebrow.