Chapter Six

Sorry it's been so long, I've just been busy!

It All Started With A Text...

Chapter Six

"Okay, girls, huddle up, we've got an hour before the game starts!" Kayla shouted.

I walked over to her and she started giving us instructions. "Okay, so let's review the plan. We're going to do our hip hop dance right before, then our lyrical dance, and then the two solos. Karla and Alexa, go practice your solos."

Karla and I both walked over to a private area of the football field. Karla's solo was a jazz, a remix of the song Vogue. My solo is also jazz, a remix of Ashley Tisdale songs, that Kayla choreographed. I also have two other solos, but I was doing my jazz.

It's pretty cool. We both practiced for a little while and then went back over to the group. "A crew of guys will be setting up the dance floor after the band, so we'll have a good flor for turning. Now, I'll let you cheerleaders go over to Coach Linda. I trust you guys to know the dances!"

We all nodded at her and the five of us also cheering went over to Linda.

"Okay, you guys, you know the cheers we are doing. And then after you dancers are done, the band is going to play for about five minutes, so that gives Karla and Alexa time to change into cheer uniforms, and then we'll resume cheering. Let's practice some stunts, okay?"

We all nodded, and then we got into a few positions and practiced stunts. Then the whole dance team went to the team locker rooms that are underneath the bleachers, and to the girls one. We changed into our hip hop costumes, which were:

a pair of black spandex shorts, bright red halter top with silver sparkles, and white hip hop shoes. We had our hair in high ponytails and we were ready to go.

We walked back out and saw the stands were packed with people. If we won this game, we were going to the championships in a month! So the pressure was on, but we had a big advantage: we were at home.

Five minutes before the game, we went to opposite sides of the football field. The announcer introduced us, and then the music Party Rock Anthem started going on.

We grinned and started do back handsprings and flips to our spots. Then we started dancing.

When we were done dancing, we were all in hip hop poses in the center of the dance stage and we looked smugly at the audience.

They burst into applause as we all did handsprings off to the front of the bleachers, and then I quickly went to the locker room and changed into my new cheer uniform.

It was a blue skirt with dark green pleats, a long-sleeved green shirt that cut off above our ribs, and Cougars written out in sparkles across the chest, and Sherwood High written across the back.

They were much better than our normal uniforms, which were very plain and boring. They were plain blue skirts, and green shirts with no sparkle or anything.

But these are our uniforms for the last two weeks of cheerleading.

We started cheering, doing a few good ones.

Since there are fifteen girls on the team, we had four girls per flyer. So four girls stood by me and three lifted me up so I was standing on their hands.

On my command, the other flyers did the same.

"Okay!" we all screamed through our megaphones.

"When we say go ,you say fight!" we screamed. "Go!"

The crowd shouted, "Fight!"

"Go!"

"Fight!"

"When we say win you say tonight! Win!"

"Tonight!"

"Win!"

"Tonight!"

The crowd was getting louder and louder.

"When we say cheer, you say up! Cheer!"

"Up!"

"Cheer!"

"Up!"

"Go, fight, win tonight, cheer it up all right, all right! Go, fight, win tonight, cheer it up, all right, all right!"

Then all the flyers jumped and twirled, being caught by the other cheer members. We all did kicks and toe-touches and then waved our pom-poms.

We did a couple more cheers, we scored a touchdown.

Then we did a different stunt. Three girls lifted each flyer while one girl spotted. They had us the the flyer was basically planking. We had our feet on the back girls' shoulders, our hands on the front girls' shoulders, and the middle girl held us up.

Then we did push-ups to the score.

"One! Two! Three! Four! Five! Six! Seven!" we chanted as we did the push-ups, and then we did more cheers.

By half-time, we were winning, twenty-eight to fourteen.

While the band played, all of the dance team members hurried and changed into our lyrical costumes.

They were plain white, and went a little below mid-thigh. Then they had cut-outs on the side, and a high scoop-neck halter top with sparkles all over it. We had our adage shoes, and our hair down.

 After the stage was set up, we all went to our positions.

When we were done dancing, the audience burst into huge applause. Then we all ran off to the dressing room and Karla and I were shedding our costumes to get into our solos.

Karla's costume was a short, light purple halter dress with a simple necklace.

My costume was a short blue skirt, with a blue sports bra-like top, with a piece of purple fabric as a sash from my left shoulder to my right hip.

It was really pretty, so I was excited to dance. Karla was up before me, and the announcer introduced her.

When she was done dancing, she posed and then walked offstage. Then it was my turn.

I went and took my place on the stage, and then danced for the next two and a half minutes. Then I walked offstage and changed back into my cheer uniform.

After another hour, the game was over. We won, forty-two to thirty-six. Then my mom came and picked up me and Karla.

She was spending the night, so she walked into my room with me. We changed into pajamas pants and tank tops, and then we both crawled under my covers and talked for about a half an hour before we both drifted off to sleep.

HEY GUYS!

What's up? Anyways, sorry if it's short.

VOTE/COMMENT/FAN/ADD TO LIBRARY/TELL YOUR FRIENDS PLEASEEEEE!!!!!!!

Next up is ice skating and the date! What'll happen????