Chapter Eight

Hey everyone..I don't have anything to say today except...here you goo!

It All Started With A Text...

Chapter Eight

Getting dressed was certainly a challenge today. Have you ever tried it where you can only move your knee a little bit? I don't really recommend it.

That's why I'm stuck wearing sweats all week. But since today is Sunday, we have church so I have to dress up a little. So I pulled on a pair of loose, yet fancy black pants, a black tank top, and a purple shrug over it. Getting downstairs is even harder than getting dressed, though.

I have to hop down and up the steps while dragging my crutches behind me. It's harder than it seems, because I can only use my one foot.

I hopped down the stairs slowly, and then hobbled to the kitchen. I sat down at the table and my dad set a plate full of food in front of me. I ate some eggs, sausage and toast, and then grabbed my phone to send a text to Karla.

"Karla coming today?" Mom asked as she grabbed my half-full plate.

"Uh, yeah, she is. Her dad's going on a three-week business trip starting tomorrow, too," I added, remembering that she told me yesterday.

"She can stay here, honey," Dad said, looking up from his laptop.

"Alright, I'll tell her today," I said, getting up and slowly went to the door and got myself situated in the car. My parents soon followed, and we drove down the street to pick up Karla. She flew out of her house in a brown skirt, a crema colored shirt, and little ankle boots.

"How's your leg?" she asked me as she got in the car.

"Better. I can move it a little. Oh, and you can stay with us while your dad's on a business trip," I told her.

"Oh, sweet, thanks," she said gratefully.

"What are best friends for?" I asked, grinning at her.

We talked the whole half hour to church, and then she helped me inside. We walked to the nursery, where all the little kids were.

"Goodness, Alexa, what did you do?" Miss Krista, who is in chrge of the nursery, asked, holding one of her little girls on her hip.

"I fell during skating," I replied.

She nodded and then looked around. "Okay, I'm not sure if Ms. Arnold is here today, so you two may just help out in the nursery and Sunday school."

"Okay, that's good," I said, using my crutches to go over to the couch and sit down.

We have a high school Sunday Schol, where we just relate everything they do in church that week to something more modern and fun. But whenever the director, Ms. Arnold, isn't there, we help out in the regular Sunday School.

There were eight kids in each group today, so I went to the movie group and Karla went to the cooking station. After all the little kids were situated on beanbags around the TV, the director of the group this week explained everything, and then turned on the movie.

An hour later, the church was let out, so we all went to teh Fellowship Hall for food. Karla got plates for both of us and filled them up with a brownie, a mini cupcake, and some fruit on each one. We sat down, and then ate quickly, because my parents were taking us back home so Karla could pack her stuff and then come back to our house.

So when we were done, we all hopped back into the car and drove to Karla's house, and then continued to ours. I went to my room and staretd watching TV until Karla barged in with a duffel bag in hand.

We watched TV together, and then started talking about school.

"So, how exactly are you going to be getting around on those?" she asked me, gesturing to my crutches.

I shrugged. "I have no idea."

"Well, we'll just figure it out tomorrow," she said.

"Did we have any homework?" I asked.

"No, because of the game on Friday, remember?"

"Oh, yeah, whoops. I forgot."

"Oh, did Josh text you yet?"

"Yeah, last night."

"What did it say???"

I scrolled through my phone to our text conversation.

Josh: Are you okay now?

Alexa: Yeah, the crutches r just kind of hard 2 use

Josh: o i get it. tht sux

Alexa: ya ikr..so wat r u doin?

Josh: watchin tv and eating foooooodddd

Alexa: lol mee 2!

Josh: Tht is not weird @ all

Alexa: Yeah...

Josh: Hey, i g2g my mom says I have 2 watch my little brother

Alexa: Oh, okay, bye then

Josh: bye..c u on Monday :)

Alexa: c u Monday ;)

"Wow, bold," Karla commented after she finished reading.

I shrugged, "Not really."

We watched TV for awhile longer, and then we goofed around with my camera, taking weird pictures.

Then I checked the school website, just in case there was something I needed to know.

There was absolutely nothing interesting going on, so I turned off my computer and sat back in my chair. I thought for a minute before I stood up.

"Are you as hungry as me?" I asked suddenly.

"Yeah," Karla agreed. We went downstairs and went to the kitchen, looking through the fridge and cabinets.

We settled on making some food for everyone, so we got out a bunch of ingredients for soup, fondue, and bread.

I started making the bread dough and when it was done, I popped it in the oven quickly. Then Karla and I started making the other food. We made the entire soup from scratch, and decided on broccoli and cheese.

We chopped the brocolli and shredded the cheese, and then made the soup. While it was cooking, we chopped up more cheese for fondue.

An hour later, all of our food was done and arranged tastefully on the dining room table. My prants came in, and we all ate together happily. My parents cleaned up, and Karla and I simply talked the rest of the night away.

At ten, she went to a guest room and we both fell asleep.

AUTHORS NOTE:

SOOOOOOO SORRY that it's short! I wrote this in like 25 minutes, so I didn't really proof-read it. I just knew I haven't uploaded in a while and I wanted to give you guys a little something. Please,

VOTE if you like this story, chocolate, or well, want to make me happy!

COMMENT if you have ideas, want to share them, or want to make me happy!

FAN if you like all my stories, want me to upload more, or want to make me happy!

ADD TO LIBRARY if you really want me to continue, like it, or want to make me happy!

TELL YOUR FRIENDS if you want them to read it, like it, or want to make me happy!

THANK YOU!!!!!