Chapter Ten

Yes, I know I've been bad about uploading, but I have my reasons, okay? Anyways, I can't believe we're at ten chapters already!

but you know what got me confused? I was on the Other list, and then, all of a sudden, people stopped boting on all my chapters! Same thing with my other story!

What up with that? But anyways, thanks so much for the support so far and well.....here you go!

It All Started With A Text...

Chapter Ten

"So, can I dance tomorrow?" I asked my aunt nervously.

She inspected my knee again. It no longer hurt to bend it or put pressure on it, it just hurt if I landed something too hard. That's only happened twice, but it was nothing unbearable.

It was actually a miracle it healed so fast, and I wasn't risking anything. I had used the crutches all week, just to be sure, too.

I had no more trouble from my teachers, and Mr. Brown was fired. Or well, forcibly retired is more like it. He was replaced with Mr. Spier and he was really nice. A little on the quiet side, but he was nice.

And Josh? We went on another date, and let's just say we're the couple of the school right now. He officially asked me to be his girlfriend, and obviously; I said yes.

Karla and Parker are also a couple. They're already pretty close, and you can tell that they're a couple by just looking at them!

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Aunt Maggie smiled and said, "If you can do a thirty second routine without hurting it at all, you can dance."

I got up and did a short routine, and then raised an eyebrow. "Can I dance tomorrow night?"

"Yup. Just put ice on it before the game and it'll be all good for you," she promised, giving me a grin as we walked to the kitchen. Karla was chatting away with my mom while helping her peel vegetables for dinner.

"What are we having?" I asked, my stomach growling a bit.

"Hamburgers, salad, and potatoes." Mom replied. "You want to grill the burgers?"

"Sure," I replied, washing my hands quickly before grabbing the plate full of patties and a spatula before walking out to the patio and to the grill. I turned the gas on quickly and waited for it to heat up before I placed all the burgers on the grill. I squeezed one dry and set it aside; that was for me.

I set up the burgers on buns and added cheese, and made the buns open so everyone could add what they wanted to their food. Then I took the plates back inside and set them on the kitchen table.

Aunt Maggie and my mom were tossing up the salad, and Karla was boiling some potatoes, watching them critically. My dad came down from his office about ten minutes later, and we all sat down at the table and ate carefully.

We talked through the whole dinner and we had a great time. And after dinner, we all at together and watched a movie with popcorn and pop. After the movie, Karla and I said good night and headed up to our seperate rooms.

I changed into pajama pants and a tank top before hopping into my bed with my laptop and eventually, I fell asleep with my laptop on.

"Who's pumped for the game tonight?" I heard a voice scream, and it was met with cheers.

Oh, early morning at school is always interesting. Whenever we had a game, we were all usually pumped up and happy for it; and the teachers usually had a bit of a hard time getting us to focus.

But today was our first basketball  championship game! It's so exciting, so we're having a pep rally for fifth and sixth period, with games and stuff like that. The cheer team would be doing a few routines, and so would the dance team.