Study Notes (Kuro!Kaneki)

"Good morning, Y/N!" A short, brunette girl waved to you as you walked into the classroom.

"Yeah..." Was all you could utter at such an early time in the morning. You had a coffee in your hand, a breaking bag was hanging from your shoulder. As you sat down onto your table, you slammed the cup onto the desk. You had been ill for the past week or so, meaning waking up 3 hours earlier than you had been recently and being expected to focus whilst still ill caused you to rely on the bitter taste of Blondie's. As you were sitting, your head between your arms and the desk, the class began to filter in. 

A dozen people had walked in and taken a seat. You decided to finally lift your head up and try to stay alive. Your head was pounding and the loud mutters from the class didn't help. The bright lights painfully hurt your eyes. You had began to become irritated and pulled your jacket's hood up over your head. You groaned to yourself as you carelessly picked up the travel mug and tipped the remaining contents into your mouth. Instinctively, your face screwed up as you realised the liquid was luke-warm and grains of coffee still lingered at the bottom. You had to bite them as they went into your mouth. 

Finally, the professor had arrived. He seemed to purposely place his briefcase on the desk loudly- as to wake you up. You swore under your breath as you jumped at the sudden bang. Opening your bag, you thoughtlessly dropped your mug into it.

As you silently waited for the class to start, a black-haired boy walked in.

"Ah, Kaneki Ken. It is good to see you, I hope you are well." The professor said as he saw him walk in. Everybody was settling down, but a few people saw him walk in. You watched him walk through the rows of chairs and when he looked at you, you tiredly smiled and waved. He smiled, and finally sat down. You couldn't stop from looking at him, as he now had a medical eye-patch on. 

"Hi." You yawned. 

"Hi, you seem tired." 

"Yeah..." As he got out his stuff, you asked about his eye-patch. "So, uh... what's with the uh, eye-patch?" You pointed to it, and he touched it. 

"Oh um, I-I had an operation a couple of days ago, I just...just have to wear it for now." He said, holding his left hand to his chin. You nodded your head as he spoke, before sneezing. 

"Sorry, I've been ill." 

"It's okay, here." He pulled out a tissue packet from his bag, handing it to you. You took them.

"Oh, thank you Kaneki." You smiled, before sneezing again. He laughed at you action, whilst blushing.

~~

Your head was resting on your arms as the teacher spoke. You weren't fully listening, as you could constantly hear the sound of Kaneki scribbling down notes. You were more focused on trying not to fall asleep when the professor spoke louder. 

"Now class, if you recall...you should have the notes from 2 weeks ago with you. Please get them out." 

Everybody around you took out there notes. You decided to actually listen and you opened your bag. You put your hand into the bag and a cold, damp feeling touched your hand. You quickly pulled it back, the smell of coffee hitting your nose. You hesitantly went to grab the travel mug. You had underestimated how much was left, and now the contents was spilled all over your bag. You cringed as you went to pick up your notebook, which was now a lot heavier. You sighed as you looked at it- the white pages had now turned to a horrible brown colour and the ink was dripping down the pages. Only several pages had been affected but unfortunately, they had been the ones you needed right now. You dropped it back in your bag and then putting your hands onto your face, groaning. Kaneki had noticed your irritated noises.