Tea (Arima)

"Kishou!" You screamed, blood painting your body.

~~

"Morning, Kobayashi-san!" You greeted a bureau inverstigator imprisoned in a blue cubicle. Despite it being early morning, you could tell she had already had at least 2 cups of coffee. She greeted you with a shaking hand as you sipped at your tea.

"Hey, Investigator L/N... Special Class Investigator Marude has been looking for you..." She spoke through broken words. You nodded, thanking her. You continued to walk through the CCG Headquarters, observing the stressed workers around you hurry past, piles of paper or quinques placed tightly in their hands. Being a worker at the CCG was one of the most stressful jobs in the country- and the stress increased as your rank did. You would always have to prepare for an upcoming ghoul attack and possibly lose your life.

Sipping your tea, you noticed 2 men talking close to each other, both examining a piece of paper. You instantly recognised the taller man with white hair. You put your tea on the floor ,grinned and began to break into a gentle run. They were both facing away from you, and hadn't noticed your presence until the final second when you jumped up and wrapped your arms around both of their shoulders.

"Evening, gentlemen," You laughed and pulled your arms closer to you which caused them to come closer. To your left, Marude was wrapped in your arm with a disgusted look on his face.

"Ergh! Investigator L/N, would you please," He sighed deeply, trying to calm himself, "take your arm off of me." He spoke coldly and desperately.

"Yes, Sir!" You abruptly let go of him, causing him to slightly groan. You were now standing on your tiptoes trying to keep your arm around the man to your right- Arima. He had the same cold expression on his face.

"Morning, Kishou~" You looked up at him, his face still looking down at the paper. He sighed, adjusting his glasses.

"Good morning, Investigator L/N. Please refrain from calling me by my first name." You sarcastically nodded and pushed Marude faintly. He gasped and looked at you with clear irritation. You pouted and furrowed your eyebrows.

"See, Marude? At least somebody can say 'good morning'."

"Investigator!" He shouted, "Take this seriously!" You knew although he was obviously angered, that he cared for you and other's health- as did Arima.

"Ahh," You whined, "I don't even know what you're talking about." You pointed to the paper Arima was holding, the CCG logo plastered on top of it.

"Well..." Arima pushed your arm off, making you drop. He handed you the paper. It was a database about a certain ghoul. Your eyes lit up as you saw the rating was an 'SS'.

"SS?!" You exclaimed, staring at the picture.

"Indeed, Special Class Investigator Marude has ordered us to deal with it." He explained, his arms folded. You gleefully smiled, excitement rising in you.

"'Scorpion' is what it calls itself," Marude continued, "We were going to sign 2 other investigators on this case, however..."

"...they've asked for me personally." Arima answered. You looked at them both, tilting your head. "A group of lower-rank investigators encountered Scorpion last week. According to the group, they called for my name."