Fragments (Yomo)

Yomo walked into the coffee shop, the dawn sun beginning to settle into the morning.

"Y-Yomo-san!" Hinami shouted, running to the door where he stood.

"What is it?" Yomo asked with a stern yet worried look on his face. Hinami looked at him, her eyes slightly watering. Her hands trembled faintly as she gripped onto the corner of his jacket.

"Everybody is waiting for you upstairs."

"What? Why?"

She spoke quietly, yet the words she said were loud enough to ring through Yomo's head.

"It's-It's about Y/N-san."

~~

Tears fell down the side of your face as you lay on the floor of your apartment. You hadn't gotten up from your curled up position in over a week. You had abandoned any form of communication to your friends and colleagues. The drawn back curtains began to collect dust and a thin slither of sunlight hit your wall. Your phone was in two pieces against the drawer. Useless items were scattered across the floor and bed. Scratch marks covered the walls.

The agonizing pain in your stomach felt like a rip in your abdomen, the excruciating pain in your head felt like a drill in your skull. Your eyes were red from the lack of sleep due to the pain, and you had lost all sign of hope.

The clock on your wall ticked your time away. You hadn't ate in over 3 months. The terror of eating people hurt you more than the pain in your stomach and head. However, your mind had started to become corrupt. Delusions filled your vision, insanity crept through you. You tried to fight the urge to kill the first thing in sight, so you locked the door with multiple different padlocks.

As you lay on the floor, you began to scream. It stole your remaining energy, but you continued. It filled the apartment. It hurt your throat, but it made you feel a slightly bit saner.

~~

"What's happening with Y/N?" Yomo calmly shouted as he stormed into the room. The rest of the staff had gathered around a table, concerned faces everywhere.

"Yomo..."

"Tell me what's happening with Y/N!" He shouted, louder and more meaningful. Yoshimura stood up and faced him.

"Y/N hasn't been arriving to Anteiku for over a week."

"Yes, I know that but Touka has been in conta-"

"Not recently." Yomo faced Touka. She pulled out her phone. "I've called Y/N everyday, whenever I can, but I've had no reply. No texts, no calls- nothing."

Yomo's heart began to beat faster at every moment. Y/N had been one of the first workers at Anteiku, aside from Koma and Irimi. They had both become very close. He pulled out his own phone, and called Y/N. Everybody watched as he paced slightly, praying for them to pick up. It went straight to voicemail. Yomo clenched the phone tightly in his hand.

"Tsk, it's no use. Do you not think we've tried that hundreds of times?" Nishiki muttered. A worried silence filled the air before Hinami spoke.

"I miss Y/N-san. They always taught me how to make coffee."

Yomo looked down to Hinami, before heading for the door.

"Yomo..." Touka trailed off.

"I'm going to see Y/N."

Yoshimura spoke up, but it was too late- Yomo had already slammed the door shut. Before leaving, he grabbed a package.

Birds sang to Yomo as he ran, but he ignored them. He had attempted to ring Y/N a dozen more times, but to the same voice each time- and not the one he wanted. The package was placed in his pocket as he sprinted to their apartment. He thought about what had happened.