Chapter 15 continued...

Maya had loved someone for the first time. That was Harris. Harris was perfect for her. All she wanted was a simple, good looking guy who cared about her and had a good sense of humour. She wanted a guy that who she was with she had the freedom to be herself. She had found her Mr Right, but now it's too late. Her life was going to end soon.

Later on that day Maya was watching some TV when Adam walked in. 'Hi', he said. Maya smiled back not saying anything. Adam walked over to her at down next to her. Maya feeling uncomfortable slightly moved away from him. 'I was wondering if you could take me around the community a little. Just around your house. Not anywhere far or anything...' Adam asked shyly. Maya didn't reply but just stared at the TV. 'I mean... If you want. I'm not forcing you or anything.'

Maya wanted to find a good friend who she could stay with for the rest of the days she had remaining. Maya and Natasha had an argument and it would take ages to make up with Natasha again. She wanted to avoid Harris for the time being. Her feelings were getting all messed up with him. To take her mind off all this stress she got up from the comfy, plush sofa and looked at Adam and smiled. 'Obviously I don't mind taking you around my community. For the time being I will just stick to the community around my house and not the city because that's too far and it would take up the entire day.' Maya said happily throwing her hands up in the air in delight. Adam smiled.

'When are we going then?'

'Right now.' Maya replied quickly. 'Go and get ready in five minutes.'

In exactly five minutes Adam was waiting at the doorstep waiting for Maya wearing his favourite blue T- Shirt and black chinos. Maya ran down the stairs in excitement wearing her favourite coral pink dress that just fell above her knees. She had left her glasses in her bedroom and wore contact lenses instead. She left her silky hair out and put a hairband on to move her fringe out of the way. She had to make the most out of her last days. Adam sighed at how beautiful Maya was.'You're so beautiful that you made me forget my pickup line.' Adam commented.

'Guess what I'm wearing? The smile you gave me.' She laughed. Adam arched one of his brows. 'You're not the only one with pickup lines.'

********************************************************************************************

'This is the corner shop. You can buy all sorts of stuff here.' Maya was saying indicating to the shop she was standing next to. 'The shop keeper on Monday's, Wednesday's and Friday's are nice. The other ones are not. The nice one gives you something free if you get along with him.' Maya and Adam were having a really good time in the company of each other. Maya had forgotten about the stress that was in her head and Adam was sort of falling for Maya. Instead of paying attention to what she was saying, he was paying attention to her soft, warm voice. When Maya was pointing to the buildings, he would pay attention to Maya and not the building.

The two of them were making their way home after the one and half hour walk they had. They were just in front of their house. Harris was casually looking out of the window and spotted the both of them. 'Thank you Maya', Adam said. 'I had a really nice time walking with you.' He stretched out his arms asking for a hug and Maya without thinking ran and hugged him tightly. She had needed that hug for such a long time but no one was there to give it to her. Maya didn't want to hug Adam but she couldn't stop herself.

Harris saw them hug. Anger and jealousy were boiling inside him. His hands made a fist at the sides of him. He remembered when Natasha told him that Maya had already loved someone else. Was the guy she was hugging that same guy Natasha was talking about? Tears fell out of Harris' eyes and he ran back into his bedroom and sat on his bedroom and cried. He couldn't control himself. He was shaking and screaming. His anger was over taking him and controlling him. He grabbed the vase from his room and smashed it violently against the wall. Harris has pictures of Maya framed in his bedroom. Angrily he grabbed hold of it and smashed it on the floor. The glass shattered into pieces just like his heart was. Just then his mother came running into his bedroom.

'Stop!' She shouted at the top of her lungs. 'Harris. I mean it. Stop it.' Harris was covered in tears with drool dribbling down his face. His mother held him by the shoulders. 'Harris, look at me.' He didn't listen but carried on looking at the floor, crying. 'Harris, look at me!' She said to him more sternly. He looked up weeping.

'Why mum why?' He asked through his cracked voice.

'What do you mean?' His mother asked him concerned. 'Here sit down.' She led him to his bed and sat down next to him. 'Now you tell me what is happening in here.' She looked around the bedroom and saw Maya's frames shattered on the floor. 'Maya...' His mother whispered. Harris started to wail even more. Straight away his mother grabbed him and hugged him. When he moved away her clothes were all covered with her son's drools and tears. Harris had calmed down a little. 'Now tell me.' His mother commanded. 'What is Maya's frames doing in your bedroom?' Harris looked down at the picture and then to his mother.

'I...' He began. He looked away because he couldn't face his mother. 'I love her.'

'Oh my goodness! My son is in love.' She started to scream in delight. 'But... she doesn't love me...' His voice cracked again and tears fell out of his eyes again. 'What do you mean by that? I am sure she does. Who wouldn't like a diamond hero like you?' She said. Fear was begging to grow in her heart. What if her sons' relationship creates hatred between the two neighbours? 'She doesn't.' He replied sorrowfully. 'She loves someone else.' Harris' mother's heart pounded just like Harris'. Tears pricked her eyes. Maya was such a simple girl, with beautiful manners, a graceful style and a gorgeous, cute face. Harris' mother had loved her. Harris broke down with tears again. His mother wrapped him in a sympathetic, warm hug and kissed him on the forehead. 'Get her to know the romantic side of you, the caring side of you, and the hero side of you. Get her to know YOU! Express your feelings to her slowly. She will understand.' His mother said comforting him.