The Last but the First

| Third Person |

Silence.

Silence ricocheted across the wide open field, the Third Hokage silently watching the scene unfold before him.

His old jaw clenched, his eyes narrowing through his wrinkles.

Atsu moved silently and skillfully across the damp grass. Her arms glided through the air as her hands struck with a painful strength against the tree trunk. Although, her skin never touched the rough brown bark, the tree continued to break off pieces of it's skin.

The tree trunk rattled as power pounded into it, seeping underneath it's harsh bark. It was so only a matter of minutes until there was a large hole in the middle of the tree. The sides of the hole smoked, the inside charred mercilessly.

Atsu turned to the Third, and he gave a simple nod of approval.

| Atsu |

The Third had informed me of the couple weeks of training that would be held between the second and third phases of the Chunin Exams.

I had yet to speak with my team, or anyone except for the Third really. If I were to speak to anyone outside him, I don't know what'd I do honestly.

Emotions continued to swirl within my confused mind space, feeling like a metal grate being burned across my brain angrily. I hated this.

My eyes narrowed as my fists clenched, my body spinning as I went to throw a strong kick at whomever dared to intrude in my personal space. My leg met air as Sasuke stepped back, and I grumbled softly. "What are you doing here, Uchiha? You're supposed to be training with Kakashi." I said blankly, relaxing my tense muscles to conceal my mixed mental state.

Sasuke looked at me for a long minute, before answering slowly, "I was given a break."

I turned away from him, my simple robe billowing gently as I made my way towards my weapon's cabinet. "That does not explain why you are currently invading my bedroom." I glanced at him coldly, sharpening my kunai as I would always do after my bath.

Sasuke remained silent, his footsteps silent as he made his way to my desk chair. I watched him warily, before placing my kunai back into their original positions. "Naruto is worried about you." He stated coldly, and I rose an eyebrow. "I have been watching him." He huffed, and I looked away, finding his actions rather strange.

"And why would he be worried?" I asked, closing the cabinet before walking into my closet, deciding to wear simpler clothing than my usual ninja clothing.

I closed the door to my closet, awaiting Sasuke's answer as I got dressed. "You haven't even tried to talk to anyone for the past week. Not since the third phase." He stated as I stepped out, yawning quietly. "Yes, and?"

Sasuke looked over me, his tongue running over his lips before he looked away and shrugged. I glanced at my clothing, raising an eyebrow. I wore a simple black jack with fur linings, reminding me of Kiba's jacket, chain-mail over top my simple bra, and a pair of black shorts. Knee-high shorts adorned my legs while simple ninja sandals covered my feet.

I scoffed, crossing my hands of my chest. "Mind your own business." I exclaimed, turning away from him. "Get out."

There was more silence and I glanced behind me, only to see the window to my bedroom wide open, a soft breeze blowing against my black curtains.

My eyes softened slightly before I regained my composure and closed my window.

| Third Person |