Night Wishes

On a dark stormy night...I looked up from my spot on the ground to see a hand. I stared at it for some time before looking up to see if the hand had an owner. Raindrops fell from the sky as my heart sped up in its pace as my tender brown eyes fell apon a smiling lad--who looked glad enough to see me. I tightened my hold on my ragged pants before taking the boys hand. He grinned wider as he pulled me to my feet. I quickly had to adjusted my worn shirt before it fell off. That would really be a keeper for the newslads.

     "Hello--I'm Josh, whats your name?" He said. His voice sounded sweet--not at all like mine.

      I gulped some and said "Airyn..." my voice was cold, unwelcoming, and rasp. Nothing compared to his.

     "What a beautiful name, Airyn...such a lovely ring."

     I blush at his comment, he blushes too. It felt strange still holding another persons hand...his skin was so smooth and soft compared to mine, which was cold and clammy. He spoke once more...

      "So Airyn... Don't you have a home to go to in this terrible weather?" he asks. I just noticed that in his other hand was an umbrella.

      Well hell... I thought then I gulped nervously and shook my head.

      "Oh poor darlin'--would you like to come to my house to warm up?" He asks. I thought for a bit. It would be nice... my worn baggy tangtop and ragged faded jeans were no ideal wear in winter.

      "I don't want to be a burden..." I say quietly.

      "Oh! Not at all! We have plenty of room! Come, come!" He said. Leading me into places in the unknown.