The Runaway

In a dark room a girl, who was wearing a black tank top and shorts, stood between two beds. Her long brown hair was tied back into a pony tail with a black ribbon and her crimson brown eyes watched the lump in the bed to the right of her as she made the bed to the left of her. On the bed to the left was a backpack that was wide open, and next to it was a blue leash. The girl tip-toed to the wardrob and went to her side of it to grab two pairs of pants. Then she tip-toed to the matching dresser across the room to grab some undergarments and socks, and a tank top. Then she quietly opened the closet that was next to the dresser to grab two shirts. She moved over to the backpack and stuffed the clothing inside it. She then looked ontop of the bed for her cell phone and iPod before stuffing it into her pack. The lump in the bed next to hers started to move, and it groaned and sat up to be a red-headed boy with sparkling brown eyes. "Cristy?" he spoke through a yawn.

"Yes Jonathan?" the girl whispered to the boy.

"What are you doing up?" Jonathan looked at the alarm clock "It's 2AM!!"

"Shhh! Don't wake mom and dad!" Cristy hushed her brother.

"Why? What are you..." he cut himself off as he stared at the pack. Cristy zipped it up and swung it over her shoulder.

"Don't try to stop me." she said then walked to the door of their room.

"Why?" he spoke simply.

"I just don't feel like I belong Jon, you know how I seem always happy? It's fake. I don't belong and I need to find where I do belong." She explained.

"... Mom, dad and me will look for you in the morning." Jon told her.

"You won't find me." she said simply then she left the room and then tip-toed across the house to the back door and snuck out. She ran off her parent's back door thinking that she needed to make a stop before she left the city. Cristy traveled far before she stopped infront of a huge house with a gate. She climbed over the gate, and patted the small dog on the other side then she ran up to a window. She pulled out her cellphone and texted a friend of hers. 'Are you awake?'

'yea' she got seconds later.

'look out your window' she texted back. The light in the room turned on and a boy with the same fiery red hair as her brothers, but with hazelnut green eyes opened the window.

"Cristy?"

"The one and only."

"What are you doing?" the boy asked.

"Kevin... I'm sorry but I got to go. I don't belong here."

"Yes you do!" the boy protested.

"No... I don't." Cristy said looking down.

Kevin climbed out of his window and stood before Cristy and then made her look at him. "Yes.. you do." he spoke softly before kissing his friend. Cristy was shocked but she couldn't make herself pull away. Once Kevin stopped kissing her, Cristy looked at him confused.

"Why did you do that when you know you have a girlfriend?"

"Yea... but I liked you a long time before I liked her." Kevin said with a blush.

Cristy blushed too, "Well, oh well. I liked you for a long time too... but, never mind. I must go before this gets to painful." Cristy looked down holding back tears then she turned and ran off leaving Kevin watching her with a lonely look and eyes filled with sadness.