P.S. I Love You

His back was pressed up against the wall of a warm caramel brown house. Slightly panting, he looked around the corner and focused his eyes to see in the pitch black night; sweat slowly dripping off of his brow. She was in his sights. The beautiful Jenna, his best friend for the past sixteen years. She was tall and lanky, with beautiful garnet red hair and dazzling soft mint green eyes. Secretly, he loved her with all his heart, but the beautiful girl was taken by his best friend Lee.

The young sixteen year old let his mind not be distracted from the game. Both kids were dressed in all black. They were in the middle of a game of Man Hunt. He bit his lip and pushed his onyx black colored hair out of his clear blue eyes. Finally the boy crouched down and started crawling on his hands and knees like a Marine-in-training under barbed wire towards Jenna. After getting with-in arms reached of her, he extended his arm and grabbed her ankle and pushed so she would fall on him instead of the dewy grass.

"Ahh!"

"Oopf!"

Jenna looked what she fell on and laughed, "Kenny! You got me!"

He smiled up at Jenna and tried to force down his blush. "Shh..." he reminded her and pushed her off.

Jenna beamed him her famous ear-to-ear grin that could make anyone happy in an instant.

Kenny smiled softly, god he loved the girl next to him. He pushed away the thoughts then got up to stalk the others on her team, leaving Jenna to sit in the darkness... Well not exactly. Each member had a colored flashlight that told them which teammate was down. If it was a hot color--like red, orange, or yellow--they were on Jenna's team. If it was a cool color--like green, blue, or purple--they were on Kenny's team. He made sure Jenna pointed up her flashlight shining a red light into the night sky alerting the other kids. After he was satisfied she was safe, he went on to "hunt down" more kids.

~*~

Finally the game had ended Kenny's team had won. He was so excited he darted off to find his beautiful friend so they could crash at his house. But as soon as he turned the corner he came to a dead stop... Jenna was making out with one of her teammates... Kenny felt his heart shatter, but he held his pain in. He hid behind the corner, out of sight before two others came to tell the couple that the game was over.

The boy who was with Jenna helped her up and kissed her a final time before going home. Jenna sighed dreamily and then turned to call out for Kenny.

"Kenny, Kenny!"

"I'm right here..." he spoke softly coming out from around the corner.

"Are you okay?" Her eyes went soft, he knew she sensed something was wrong.

He shook it off and nodded, "I'm fine. Let's go home."

She nodded and the two walked to Jenna's house since Kenny's parents were out of town.

~*~

Jenna was fast asleep on her bed while Kenny laid wide awake on the small air mattress on her floor. He couldn't manage to fall asleep with a heavy heart. His throat was so swollen it felt like that he could barely breathe. Sighing, he threw the plaid comforter off of him and stood up in a pair of boxers and a loose tee and slowly walked over to Jenna's desk. He found sheets of papers and a pen. Quickly he wrote a note in his oddly neat handwriting, folded it up, then placed it under her hand.

He left her room with his gym bag of clothes and got changed. He would just stay at another friend's until his parents return.

~*~

Once the morning sun came in and lit up her fiery passion red room, Jenna heard a crunch. She looked down realizing when she stretched a bit she crushed a note. Not bothering to look at it at first she looked out and over to the air mattress, but Kenny wasn't there. Her heart skipped a beat. She threw her rosy pink blanket off, and swung her legs over off of her bed. Soon after she darted out of her room and looked all over the house. Her parents were already at work, as usual at 8A.M. but Kenny never woke up early. Jenna remembered the note and rushed back to her room to read it.

Dear Jenna,
I can't stand being near you any longer. And it isn't a bad thing... I just, it's complicated. After you kissed Rodney, I just lost it...

I am going to be staying at Jake's until my parents get back. I hope that is alright.

Your best friend,
Kenny

P.S. I guess... I act so weird because... well... I love you.