Death by Nightmare

She tossed and turned in her bed. Beads of sweat rolled down from her forehead and down the side of her face. Her face twisted up in fear. Within the blankets, she kicked and threw herself around. What was she trying to get away from? We didn't know. We only knew what ever it is has been pinned up in her mind.

I don't know whats happening, all I know is that I hurt and something dangerous is lurking near. I've been running as fast as I could for I don't know how long, trying to be rid of the darkness. Occassionally I trip and tumble into the shadows where I get caught in giant spiderwebs. I struggle to get free, and eventually break loose. The more I fall, the more I struggle, the longer it takes to get free.

Everytime we try to reach for her to wake her, she took a swing at us. We didn't know what to do. one of us ran to get the phone to call the doctors to see if they would come to visit us at home. The rest just sat around and watched her.

It finally came... It finally got me... I tripped and fell, but instead of falling into a spiderwebs, I fell before the feet of it. I was paralyzed in fear... I couldn't get up. I couldn't move out of the way as I stared at the ax that it held. Then before I knew it the ax came down and everything went black.

We watched her then finally she stopped thrashing around, her face untwisted from fear and pain to a blank face. We looked to one another and one of us checked her pulse... She died...