A Walk Down Memory Lane

"Five years..." a boy stated as he scratched off another day on his Classic Car calendar, "She's been gone for five years." He ran his hand through his messy hair. His green eyes continued to stare at today on the calendar. It was June 1st, the anniversary of Jayden moving. The boy sighed and sat on his bed. "Why did she have to go?"

"Elric!" his mother's voice rang from outside his room.

"What," he hollered miserable, "What is it?"

"The door! For you!" his mother called.

Elric sighed and hopped off his bed. He didn't feel like hanging out with Nick, the boy who thought he could replace Jayden. Elric walked out of his room and slowly trotted down the stairs and into the living room. Suddenly he stopped, seeing a girl stand in front of the doorway. The girl had short brown hair with orange highlights and heartwarming brown eyes. "Jayden?" he stammered out, shocked and overwhelmed.

"Yea, did you forget me or something?" Jayden smiled then she dropped her backpack and ran to Elric wrapping her arms around his neck and hugging her friend tightly. "Man! You grew... and got rid of the baby fat!" she laughed patting his stomach but feeling only harden abs. 'Oh wow!' She thought.

Elric blushed; last he seen Jayden she was a short chubby girl. Now she blossomed. "I never forgot you," Elric replied then laughed, "I got rid of my 'baby fat' a long time ago." He playfully punched her in the arm like they used to.

"Yea? Well a lot changes in five years." Jayden replies, then punches back. She smirked as Elric started to rub his arm, "You're not the only one who got stronger." Jayden giggled then went to get her backpack.

"So why did you come here?" Elric asked still rubbing his arm.

"I can't see my friend!?" Jayden asked, shocked.

"Yea you can! I thought you would of went to see someone else though." Elric looked down.

"I wanted to see my besty first." She smiled wrapping her arm around his neck then she rushed up the stairs giggling.

Laughing, Elric ran up the stairs with her. Today was the happiest day of his life. He saw her go into his room so he followed and closed the door behind them. Turning he found her asleep on his bed. "That's Jayden for you," he whispered with a smile then sat at his desk watching her sleep. Then he closed his eyes and started swimming through memories. He blushed lightly as he remembered a bad day, but the day she promised...

(5 years ago, the day Jayden moves)

A boy with red hair laid on his stomach on his bed looking out the window with cloudy green eyes. Tears streamed down his cheeks, just watching his best friend's family pack stuff into a moving truck. "No, no, no!" he cries then buries his head in a pillow. Five minutes later, the door opened.

"Elric? Someone is here to see you." A warm and gentle voice said.

The boy crawled out of his bed and sniffled. "Who is it?"

The door opened all the way to show a girl with long brown hair and orange highlights stand there. Her brown eyes were cloudy and her cheeks were stained with tears. "Elric..." the girl sniffled softly.

"Jayden..." Elric ran to Jayden and hugged her tightly. Jayden hugged back.

"Good bye Elric, I promise I'll be back to see you one day." Jayden said while Elric pulled away his cheeks even more red from crying and blushing.

"You better keep that promise." He smiled trying to make a joke.

"I will," Jayden smiled softly. Soon a woman's voice was calling for Jayden. "Well see you later." Jayden said quietly and kissed his cheek then ran off.

Elric stood there, his hand over his cheek that she kissed blushing. He ran back into his room and jumped on his bed crying.

(back to present)

Elric accidentally nodded off, but when he awoke he found Jayden staring at him. "Whoa!!" He laughed.

"Whoa this," she said softly before kissing him on the lips.