A New Start

Speeding down the street under the starry sky. He said we were going to be fine. He said we were okay. He said we were going to be alright. The light flashed ahead of us--from green, to yellow, then to red, but he kept going. I screamed as another truck came toward us and collided on my side of the car.

After it seemed I slept forever I awoke in a hospital bed. I paniced and looked around, wires attached to me. "Where is he!? Where is my boyfriend!?!" I shouted out to the nurses in a panic trying to get out of the mess, but they pushed me back down and hushed me. One had a dreaded look everytime she looked at me, another started to cry because I was persistant to know where my boyfriend was. I soon started to cry, feeling my face... Everything but my eyes and nose was covered in bandages. I looked at my shaking hands...they too were covered in bandages. I cletched my fists and cried out in pain. "Where is he!?"

"Hush deary and tell me your name..." One of the nurses tried to sooth me.

"Airyn... Now tell me where my boyfriend is!" I screamed at her stepping out of my bed.

"He took off after the crash dear... You were the only one who came in the ambulance..." she explained to me.

I couldn't believe it... I fell to my knees and burried my head in my hands crying. He left me... I stood and started to take off the bandages, the nurses tried to stop me but I pushed them out of the way wincing. "Back the hell off." I growled at them and took my blood stained clothes and went to the bathroom to change. I looked into the mirror... Most of my face was scarred and still bleeding. I tried not to cry and I held my ground. I walked out of the hospital room and demanded for my cellphone and purse. I took my cellphone and searched through the numbers and called one of my closest friends to explain what happened. I trembled and walked outside the hospital and hung up with him and waited for him to come and pick me up.

"Why...why..." I asked myself. Later he pulled up in his fathers pick up truck and his friendly brown eyes widen.

"Airyn!? Are you okay?" He asked urgently, he really did care.

"I'm fine." I spoke softly getting up, wincing at the pain. I opened the truck door and climbed into the passenger seat. He took it slow at first because everytime he went over twenty five miles per hour I would start to shiver. Soon I became relaxed and he actually went the speed limit. It was quiet during the ride home, but an hour or two before we got to my house he slowed down again and reached over to grab my injured hand softly.

"Airyn... I don't know if you still love him or not... but please... I want you to live and not get hurt." He spoke softly then he pulled over.

"What are you doing Brad?" I asked him.

"Doing something I should of before you broke up with me last time..." he said softly then pulled me to him and kissed my forehead gently. He held me there a bit, and I didn't move away from him either.

"Brad..." I tried to say but he shushed me.

"Will you go to the graduation with me?" He asked.

"What about my scarred face? Wouldn't you be ashamed?"

"Of you? Never."

He made me smile softly then we kissed and then he pulled back onto the street and took me home. He stopped infront of my house and he kissed me again and then I thanked him. I opened the door and closed it behind me before walking up the sidewalk and into my house, looking back only once to wave goodbye.