nine.

Posted: 05.14.16

Time skip of a year... Nothing important happened

nine. austin

"Baby, you have to wake up so I can take you to Zach's house" I gently shake her shoulder and she groans, rolling away from me.

"Never" She drawls out.

"But you need to go to school"

"But uh, I'm sick" She fake coughs.

"Nice try Princess, but come on" I grab her by her waist, pulling her out of bed and throwing her over my shoulder.

"Daddy" She squeals, laughing loudly "It's too early"

"A nice bath should wake you up" I chuckle, sitting her down on the toilet and filling up the tub. I kneel in front of her and kiss her cheek "Good morning"

"You say that now!" She huffs "Daddy, you're so late. You already made my morning bad" She crosses her arms over her chest.

"Bad morning" I laugh and she glares at me.

"You're not funny"

"I know, I'm super duper funny" I coo, punching her still chubby cheeks "Now let's get you in the tub" I turn off the water "I'm going to go change for work, are you sure you'll be alright?"

"Yes" She nods and I leave the bathroom door slightly cracked in case she calls for me and I walk to my bedroom to put on my work uniform. Over the last year, I've gone from $15.40 and our to $16.50 which makes all the difference. Bella has started school, and if I'm being completely honest, I got very emotional her first day. We're living comfortable, and I'm finally able to give her all the things I was never able to do before, I can take her out to eat, and I can buy her toys, I can finally be a proper dad, one that's she's needed this whole time.

I grab a towel and carry it to the bathroom, seeing Bella washing her hair "Ow!" She screeches, rubbing at her eyes.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I ask her, kneeling in front of the tub.

"Daddy it hurts" She cries.

"Did you get soap on your eye?" I ask, grabbing a cup and filling it with water. I pour it over her eye and take the clean towel, wiping at it, and she sighs.

"I thought I was gonna lose an eye" She places her hand on her chest.

"My little drama queen" I kiss her cheek as I stand up "Come on let's get dressed, Daddy's gonna be late" I drain the tub, holding out the towel as she steps out of the tub. I wrap the towel around her and carry her to her room, sitting on her bed as she picks out come clothes.

"Ponytail, or down today?" I ask, grabbing her brush from her bedside table.

"What goes with my unicorn shirt?" She asks, holding up a purple shirt with a unicorn on it.

"Hmm, that's a good question" I tap my finger against my chin "I'm thinking ponytail"

"Good idea" She nods, pulling on her shirt and pants before standing between my legs so I can brush out her hair. I pull her hair into a ponytail using the hair tie on my wrist and she turns around "Good?"

"Very good" I nod, kissing her forehead "Come on, let's get going" I say and she grabs my hand as we walk out it my car. She gets into the backseat as I get into the drivers seat, driving her to Zach and Tiana's house so she can get to school.

"Good morning" Tiana grins as she opens the door, her baby on her hip.

"Morning"

"Has she eaten?" She asks and I shake my head.