fifteen.

Sorry, this chapter is so shit, I just have writers block rn and nothing is coming out :( but I'm still trying

fifteen. preston

I stare at a small spot on my desk, drowning out my father's voice as he tries to tell me what I'm supposed to do. I just want to get out of here, it's nearly two in the morning and I'm still stuck in some stuffy office, my feet dying to get out of these heels.

"I'm not listening" I cut him off, and my father looks at me with widened eyes.

"Preston, do you not want to succeed in this business?"

"I'll do fine" I stand up, hiding my wince as pain shoots into my feet "I'm going to go now" I mumble quietly, walking out of my office and taking the elevator to the ground floor. I take my shoes off before walking to my car. I call Austin, but it just rings and rings until going to voicemail.

I sigh and drive there anyways. I park in his driveway and walk up to the front door, twisting the knob breathing out in relief when it turns all the way. I push the door open and walk towards his room. I open the door slowly, in case he's asleep, which he is. I walk to his dresser and pull out a t-shirt, changing into it and climbing into bed beside him.

He rolls onto his side, slinging his arm around my waist and pulling me closer, though he doesn't wake up. He sighs through his nose and tightens his grip, sliding his leg between mine. I giggle quietly, and scoot into him more, closing my eyes and falling asleep.

I wake up the feeling of small fingers poking at my face, but I make no movements. I know it's Bella, due to the small size of her finger tips. When her fingers trail down my cheek, I quickly turn my head and nip at her finger making her squeal, and giggle.

"You scared me Mommy" She giggles, and I gulp at the fact that she just referred to me as her mother. I'm not sure how to react to this situation, so I just laugh it off.

"Sorry"

"It's okay" She lays down beside me, wrapping her arm around my waist. Austin is in the shower, getting ready to go to work, while I'm supposed to be helping Bella get ready, but I went back to sleep instead "I don't want to go to school today" She pouts, and I push her hair behind her ear.

"Why not?"

"Because, I don't want to" She shrugs.

"There has to be a reason"

"Don't tell my daddy"

"I won't, I promise"

"These girls are mean to me" She frowns.

"Who? What are they doing?" I ask, my tone full of concern.

"Kayla and Morgan, they make fun of me because daddy won't buy me this doll" She says "They both have one, but daddy won't get me one because it's too much money"

"What doll is it?" I ask her.

"It's a Lovely Lady Doll" She says and I make a mental note of the name. [A/N: I don't know man]

"Well, if that's why they're mean to you, they're not worth your sadness" I poke her nose "They're just upset that you don't need dolls to be happy"

"Because I have you and Daddy" She grins "You guys make me happy" She giggles.

"Exactly" I kiss her cheek, hearing the shower water turn off.

"Are you going to make me go to school?" She asks with puppy dog eyes.

"Go lay down in your bed, and I'll talk to your daddy okay?" I give in and she nods, running back to her room before the bathroom door opens. When it does, Austin walks out with a towel wrapped around his waist, water sliding down his chest.