Chapter quince

Hades' PoV:

"I'm meeting my friends at Darmetir's. You wanna tag along?" I ask Jaiden, once we made it to my car after the game. My cheek still hurts and I rub it.

"Yeah, sure." He shrugs and I nod and help him into the car. We drive to Darmetir's in silence. Weird, since he couldn't stop talking when we were driving to the game. His injury might really bother him as much as he complained. At least our team won and they are having a celebration party tonight. OH! He wants to party! That's why he's sad.

"You wanted to go to the celebration party, right?" I ask and he nods, looking out the window.

"Yeah, but since I didn't help them, they wouldn't want me at their party." He murmurs and I snort. That's bullshit.

"Why wouldn't they want you there. You're still part of the team, aren't you?" I ask and he nods again.

"Well, if you want to, I can drop you off there." I say and see his eyes light up.

"Thanks, but can we eat first? I'm really hungry." He says and I laugh and nod.

"And sorry for being a burden. But other than you there would be no friend around to help me in school and stuff. Trust me, sometimes the best team players can't even play in a team." He says and I frown. I didn't even notice that I was his only friend. He introduced me to all the other guys, I thought they were friends. But now that he mentioned it, I never really see them talk.

"You're not a ...well you are a burden, but no worries. Also, you're my only friend in school too." I say, taking a turn to the mall. He sighs and pulls on his hair.

"No, I mean that you're my only friend. I- I don't know. Just thanks for helping me." He says. This moment is getting too real for me.

"You wanna kiss?" I joke and he laughs and punches my shoulder. I don't really get how a guy like Jaiden can't have a lot of friends. He is always surrounded by a popular group of people. And he still has Lilly. Who I haven't seen around either. What's up with that?

"How's Lilly, by the way?" I ask and he snorts.

"It's complicated." Ah, that might also be a reason for his weird behavior. He seems pretty fragile and sensitive lately, not just because of his bad knee.

"I still can't believe you made a random girl sit on you. Like, where the fuck did that come from? And the slap? Highlight of my day, dude." He laughs and I shake my head. Yeah, sure it was fun to see her that uncomfortable on my lap, especially when I teased her. But at least I got my m&m's. That was totally worth the slap.

"Was she random, though? Cause I could swear I saw her before." He pretends to think hard.

"Maybe because she goes to our school?" I say in a duh tone and he shakes his head.

"No, on a party or something. Let me think." He says and I roll my eyes. Please don't remember me showing you a picture of her when I was drunk. Why do I still have that picture anyway? I could punch myself right now. I remember at the party, while I was playing that game, where I had to find Emma's paper, stupid game by the way, I saw Jaiden dancing with his girlfriend or whatever they are, Lilly.

I was so happy to have made out with Emma, probably just because I was desperate and wanted to make out, whatever. So I showed him a picture of her, saying that we made out and we're definitely going to continue. He gave me a proud slap on the back and said that I should get her. He was so drunk, though I don't think he'll remember. Anyways, I should definitely delete that picture on my phone.

I clear my throat, deciding not to talk about her any further when we finally get to the mall's parking lot. We hop out of my car and get into Darmetir's huge restaurant. I smile at the smell of burgers and unhealthy stuff. When Jaiden and I walk further into the restaurant, we look out for Noah and the twins.