Chapter veinte y ocho

"I guess you really don't depend on people anymore." I hear him say and smile. I kick a rock in the concrete, enjoying our time together. Hades and I are currently taking a walk around our cabins, because there really isn't much more to do.

As I expected we got disqualified, because the guy, who found us was actually Chase's father and immediately proofed to us that no one should mess with him or his son. But whatever, I don't really care anyways. I love the nature and every year we drive up here, all I'm excited for is the beautiful views and fresh air.

I don't think Hades even cares, anyway. He has told me that he thinks our school takes this event way too seriously. Most of our teachers were upset, though. They didn't even let us watch our friends play today. We were disqualified from participating in any game and were not allowed to watch for now either. Not that I care, but I hope I get to watch Zada and the rest tomorrow.

"That's right, I can protect myself." I look up at him. He chuckles and pushes a hand through his hair.
"I realize that now." He says, making me nod. I run a hand through my hair, feeling his eyes on me. I don't like being watched. But I decide to brush it off and keep talking.

"It's about time, huh?" I joke and he nods.
"I'm sorry for how I acted yesterday. I just didn't have a good day at all. Little things wouldn't even go my way and then the picture of you and that dickhead was like the cherry on top." He stops walking and sits down on a bench. I sit down next to him.

"It's fine. I knew you had something going on, but that is just ridiculous. I didn't even know this picture existed." I sigh.
"I know." He says. I kind of feel hurt that he thought I'd be keeping a relationship from him.
"But you believed that?" I ask. How could he believe that rubbish?
"I did and got mad, because I didn't think about the fact that this guy was just trying to tear us apart." He admits and I nod. I know he's that type of person who acts out of impulse.

"Why did you get mad?" I ask, peeping at him. I see his eyes widen for a second, but he clears his throat and then finally looks down at me.

"Why wouldn't I get mad?" He asks, making me frown at him. What kind of answer is that?
"I mean you got mad at me for not telling you about my job, so I think I don't have to justify myself." He continues and I roll my eyes.

"That's a completely different story, Hades. Plus, I wasn't mad at you for not telling me. I was hurt." I tell him. He looks at me in surprise, blinking twice before frowning.

"Why did that hurt you?" He asks, the smooth tone of his voice surprising me.
"I don't know. I mean I tell you a lot of things and I thought you wouldn't trust me enough to tell me." I shrug, dropping my gaze.

"Of course I trust you. I just wasn't sure if I should tell you or not. I didn't mean to hurt you, Emma. I didn't even tell Noah, he just called at an inconvenient time." I hear him say and nod, silently. He sighs and gently places his finger underneath my chin to lift it up, making me look at him.

"I'm sorry." His honey brown eyes getting me yet another time. Some unknown emotions seem to dance in them and I suddenly feel my breath become to slow down. I don't know if he sensed that, but he suddenly smiles down at me. Not a happy smile, not a sad smile either, just a warm smile.

"I-It's okay." I say, clearing my throat after hearing my sudden hoarse voice. He nods and bites his lip, making my eyes snap towards his beautiful full lips. For a guy, he really has nice lips. Before it got even more awkward, a sudden rustling noise startles the both of us, so that we jump away from each other and I look to my right, where I thought the noise came from.

I see the bush next to our bench move it's leaves and my eyes widen. What's in there? It starts moving after a few seconds and I frown, my heart starting to pick up speed. I feel something touch my thigh and jump slightly. I hear a low chuckle escape from Hades next to me.