Cheated

Chapter 6

It's Saturday early afternoon. Driving down a couple of streets to West Lane Baildon, where Zayn lives, I stop outside number 33 and stare out at the house.

"This must be it!" I say to myself. "Harry better have given me the right directions."

Later this morning I quickly texted Harry to ask for the address of Zayn's house, he better not be stuffing with me! If this isn't Zayn's house I swear I will smack that usual cheeky smile off Harry's face the next time I see him.

I leave my car and approach the quite small, modern built house. I walk to the door way, nerves building, what if he doesn't want to talk to me?
I push the uneasy thoughts aside and knock on the door.
To my delight a few seconds later Zayn's grinning face greets me, his eyes bright and surprised.

"Hello Vivienne, what brings you to my door step." He asks casually.

"Uh, well I was wondering if I could talk to you about yesterday." I ask smiling up at him.

He nods and opens the door wide, gesturing for me to come in.
The house is little, but cosy, slightly messy but what do you expect from a man!

"Sorry, I would have cleaned up a bit, if I knew you were coming." Zayn says, reading my thoughts.

He leads me into the kitchen which also reveals the lounge room. I take a seat on the couch and am greeted by Niall the dogs big body trampling me.

"I'm glad to see he's still as happy as ever!" I say laughing as Niall greets me with kisses.

"Yeah, he sure is one crazy dog, considering his circumstances." Zayn says his voice dropping a little. "Anyway would you like something to eat or drink?"

"Nah I'm fine thanks Zayn." I reply.

He comes and sits next to me on the sofa, staring up at my face.

"You look better from yesterday." Zayn begins. "You looked truly terrible at the end there!" Zayn chuckles.

"Oh thanks." I say sarcastically and start laughing. "I'm feeling loads better today!" I smile up at him and his eyes are locked with mine, my thoughts drift away from me, but I soon pull them back, remembering why I am here.

"Anyway, uh...yesterday the hug-thing was a mistake, it shouldn't have happened." I say not meeting his eyes.

"But it did, you can't deny it!" Zayn protests, he takes my hand gently.

"But it shouldn't have!" I reply pulling my hand away. His hurt look almost makes me want to slap myself for being so cruel, but he's making it harder than it has to be. I glance around the room and focus my attention on some photos he has on a cabinet beside the tv; some of him as a boy, ones from the X factor, a couple of all the lads together. My eyes stop, staring at the last photo in the row; Zayn and Perrie together, on their wedding day, they look so happy. Nothing in the world could have ruined it for them that special day! My heart feels like its shattering into millions of pieces.

"Oh Zayn, there's no words to describe how sorry I am, for you and Perrie!" I wail looking him straight in the eyes.

He looks at me for a second, just staring, his eyes dimmed.

"I had nothing..." Zayn mumbles. "...When she ended it...i had nothing..." His eyes are clouded with the memory. "Nothing felt right anymore! The fame, the singing...I felt completely lost, like what was the point? You know...she was my world! But she threw all we had away, no matter how much I pleaded..." Zayn sighs looking down.
"The lads didn't know what to do...we had gigs on, but I wouldn't go...it's like I was shut into my own world, and I let no one enter it..." Zayn stops and looks up to meet my eyes. "...until I met you."
"You brought me back Vivienne..."