England

Chapter 1

Back in high school I never thought that I would be here where I am now.

I've been living here, in Bradford, England, with my boyfriend Connor for about three months now and I couldn't be happier.

I don't know how long it's been since my friends and I have all caught up. It's felt like forever! Although I have Maggie, one of my friends.

Maggie came here with Austin about a week after Connor and I arrived. Originally Maggie and Austin were just here to visit me and to make sure I was settling in, but then Maggie got a job at the vets with me, and her boyfriend Austin started a new career here too, so they decided to stay.

Violet, Eliza and Miley my three other friends moved to Melbourne in Australia. They moved to Melbourne for their studies and are currently renting a flat together.

Four months ago, while I was still living in Tasmania, I moved to Sydney and lived with my sister for a month to finish off my Veterinary studies. Then I met Connor and he told me he was going to England to work and he wanted me to go with him. At first I didn't know what to say, I would be leaving everything, my family, my friends, my home. It was days before my sister knocked some sense into me, she said:

"Viv, do what you thinks right. It's your choice, but you know what I recon, I think if you love Connor, which I know you do, then you should go with him. We will all always be here for you and it's your chance to start a new life with him! Go for it girl!"

***

The sun beats in through the open window in Connor and I's bedroom. My iPhone starts ringing and I quickly scramble to answer it.

"Hello Vivienne speaking." I say, taking a seat on the bed.

"Hello stranger!" An excited voice begins. "I haven't spoken to you in like forever."

I pause, who's voice is that? It seems so familiar yet I can't pin point the name.

"You still there Viv?" She asks.

"Yeah sorry, um..." I stutter. "Who is this? I'm sorry the voice is familiar, but my minds blank." I say embarrassed by my stupidity.

"Omg Viv has it really been that long that you can't remember your besties voice?"

My mind switches on,

"Violet, it's you isn't it!" I shout, feeling foolish for not remembering my friends voice.

"Of course it's me! How could you forget me?" Violet asks.

"Sorry Violet my memory is like mush at the moment, it hasn't fully recovered yet from the crazy week I had!"

"Oh that's okay Viv, so work must be pretty full on then, huh, how have you and Connor been going?" Violet asks.

"Work is so mad! I love it, but Jesus it drains your energy!" I reply, laying down on the bed. "Connor and I are great! You have no idea how happy he makes me! But who cares about me, how have you been?" I ask.

"Yeah fine, working, working, working, basically all that's going on in my life at the moment. That's so good Vivienne, I'm so happy for you!" Violet replies excitedly. "Anyway...um...is Connor around?" Violet randomly asks.

Almost answering Violet's question, Connor walks into the room.

"Yeah he's here why, do you want to talk to him?" I ask.

Connor jumps onto the bed and nearly pushes me off.

"Hey, watch it babe!" I say smacking him lightly. He dislodges the phone from my hand and starts talking to Violet.

"Hello Violet, it's been a while hasn't it!" Connor says while leaving the room.

"Hey Connor, I was talking to Violet you know..." I shout, but its drowned out by his conversation. I scramble off the bed and walk into the kitchen, where's he gone? I hear his muffled voice from outside the front door, what are they talking about?

The door opens and in comes Connor.

"Spying are we?" Connor says, while grabbing me in a bear hug.

"I wasn't spying, I would just like to know what is going on? What did Violet say?" I ask staring up into his eyes.

"Ah!" Connor replies, tapping the side of his nose. "All in good time my dear."

"Sometimes you're so annoying!" I say, giggling.

"We'll I can't be perfect all the time!" Connor replies, sarcastically.

I laugh and turn around, heading back to the bedroom. Why did Violet call me and then want to talk to Connor? What are those to planning?

***

Two weeks have passed since the last time my friend Violet rang. It was all so strange, a couple of times over this week I have caught Connor on the phone to someone and when I asked him who it was he just says nobody. I know it's Violet, they're planning something I know that for sure.

But I decide to drop it, only time will tell what they're up to.