Day 2 - Part I

*** If you haven't, go to www.inkitt.com on the Grand Contest Section and vote for The Flight for a chance to get it published! It's #9! Now, enjoy the new chapter. :) ***

-

The darkness of the room makes you use your other senses at their full capacity. The sound of the rain falling outside is the only sound surrounding us now apart from our breathing. Its cold and humid, it makes my skin fill with goosebumps. There's a faint smell of wet wood in the air mixing with the lavender of the sheets, and even from here I can smell his breath of wine coming out of his mouth. 

We are quiet, too quiet for my taste. Luckily, its not an awkward silence, even after what happened in the room next to us. 

We laughed for a couple of minutes and then we just remain in our sides of the bed, not saying a single word. He finished the bottle and is still holding it. I see only the silhouette of the bottle resting on his knee while he makes circles with its bottom.  

"I like this place." He says after long seconds of silence, his eyes looking front. The room is dark but once your eyes get used to the darkness you can distinguish the furniture in the room. "Its actually really nice." 

"Aren't you used to stay in five star hotels?" I ask leaving a yawn right after I speak. 

"That's exactly why I like it." He points out, glancing at me for a moment. Even in the dark of the room I can see his green eyes shine powerfully. "It doesn't feel like a motel, its pretty cozy." 

"Yeah." I secure the covers on top of me, its pretty cold outside. I don't understand how is he only with a simple white T-Shirt and joggers, its freezing. "Aren't you cold?" 

"Not that much. The wine heated me up." He says leaving a slight chuckle out. "Well, that sounded wrong, but you understand what I'm saying." 

"Oh dear, you must be tipsy." I giggle sitting up, shaking my head at him.

"I'm not tipsy!" He says a little offended, placing the empty bottle on the side table next to him. "Just a little woozy." He smiles, or I think he does. 

"You technically drank a whole bottle by yourself. Without sharing." I say looking at him in the dark, he looks back and even with the lack of light his gaze feels powerful. 

"Stay here." He says sitting on the edge of the bed and turning the lamp on his side table up, standing up barefoot and walking to the door. 

"Where are you going?" I sit up as well, looking at him while he takes the key of our room and opens the door. He is grinning, hiding something behind his smile. 

"I'll be right back!" He says winking at me and leaving the room, closing the door on his back. 

He really is strange. 

I stay in the bed for some minutes, just looking around the room. The place its really cozy, feels like a grandma's house decor. Cream wallpaper, a painting of a landscape hanging right above our bed, a mirror in front of the small dresser that also reflects the painting. All the wood is dark with that appeal of used. In the corner, there's a chair with Harry's bag on top. The clothes that he was wearing previously is hanging on the back of the chair neatly placed, and on the small dresser, his set of rings are organized in a circle. 

After another minute I decide to stand up, going to the bathroom to fill a cup with water. And once again, I find his things neatly organized in the bathroom. Toothbrush, Tom Ford after shave, face soap and a white hand towel that doesn't belong to the bathroom. I find it cute how organized he is. 

I wonder what is he doing out there, and why did he tell me to stay here. When I walk back to the bed with the water in my hand he arrives to the room, hiding something behind his back while he holds two red cups in his other hand. I'm still on my feet, I was about to get on the bed.