Day 2 - Part II

Falling asleep last night was difficult, I was up most of the night but somehow I managed to fall asleep. I couldn't believe that I was left alone in the room, specially after what happened between us. I was confused but mostly, hurt. It made me feel strange, guilty even. Did I cross a line with him? Was I overreacting? I don't know and I still don't know.

I wake up thanks to the sound of a door closing, making me halt awake instantly. When I sit up I find out his bag is no longer here and that there's a slight smell of after shave coming from the bathroom. I think he took a shower here recently without waking me up and then left the room. Also, is no longer raining outside. That's a good sign.

Confused, I stand up from the bed and get my things, deciding on taking a shower as well before we leave. Its almost nine in the morning and he said we were leaving by ten.

His words from last night are still haunting me. He told me that he cares about me for the second time in this trip and it makes me self conscious because I didn't put much thought to it until he reminded me. It makes me feel so bad, like he wanted me to see it and I was too blind with other things. Was I wrong for asking him that question? I just wanted to know the reason of why I'm here. 

I mean, he didn't answer my question exactly but his words were more than enough for me to realize I'm not just another girl on his list, he didn't invite me just because but because he cares about me. 

Is it bad that I still want to hear that answer from him?

By actually yelling at me and leaving in the middle of the night specially after we kissed - randomly, but we did - doesn't tell me that he cares. It hurt me. And it confuses me. I still feel we have a lot to talk about. Why didn't he call before? Its hard for me to believe that he cares for me when... When he completely forgot about me.

I just don't want to be the Frances from eight months ago all over again, that lost girl looking for a new beginning. I grew up a lot during that time, exploring the world and meeting new people, and finally finding myself. I don't want to go back to those first weeks of me missing a person that I only met once. I don't want to have a broken heart all over again.

I have the right to ask and I have the right to know.

But he also is right to react like the way he did.

I guess it wasn't the time or the way to approach that question. I was a bit rude to him, he didn't deserve that. Being in his shoes, I totally overstepped by reacting like that. The alcohol in my veins didn't help either, or the adrenaline running through my body after that brief kiss we shared.

Oh, how I missed his lips. Just that brief touch sent me to paradise.

He really makes me confused, and I still don't know if this is a good or a bad thing. I guess I'll have to figure it out on this trip. After all I accepted to go with him to the wedding, I just can't bail on him, and I don't want to even after our little fight last night. 

Finally I get out of the shower and dress up, brushing my teeth quickly glancing at the clock and realizing we are going to leave in twenty. After splashing some perfume on me I open the door of the room, checking twice if I'm not leaving anything behind.

Once downstairs I find everyone having breakfast at the table, all of their bags by the door. I leave mine in there and walk closer to the table, already feeling butterflies in my stomach when I spot Harry sitting at the table, a cup of tea in his hand while reading the newspaper.

Jossie notices me standing there and walks to me from the kitchen.

"Good morning dear. Would you be having anything for breakfast?" She receives me with a warm smile, I respond with one as well. "How do you like your eggs?"