Depressingly beautiful

Guys this is my first story, so please don't judge. I'll update when possible
.
.
.
.
This is 100% made up

"Don't do it. Be strong," you silently whispered to yourself. And you were. "Not today," you thought. You put the blades in your secret spot for them and left the bathroom.

Well before I tell you the rest of my story, I should introduce myself. My name is Alexis, I'm 17 have a mom, dad and younger pes....I mean brother (not really). For about a year and a half I've been on and off with self harming. When it first started I would do a tiny cut maybe once a month. Then it started getting worse. I would do it once a week, then once a day. My brother saw my scars one day and told mom and dad. I've been clean for nearly 3 months and get better everyday. Now where was I, oh yeah my story.

It was about a month into my senior year. Homecoming was right around the corner, and once again I didn't have a date. Unless you count going with my ex-best friends in freshman year. God freshman year. It seemed like so long ago. It was a good year, I had friends, didn't cut and was semi popular. Until I sent a topless photo to a boy. I didn't think anything would happen, but it did. Everyone started calling me a slut, even my best friend since kindergarten. That's the year I considered self harm. It wasn't until end of sophomore year when everything got bad again. The whole photo incident was in the pt, or so I thought. I was at my friend Sophie's house for a sleep over. I was taking a shower when Kayla snuck and took a naked a picture of me to everyone in the school. They all thought I did it on purpose, and called. E things much worse than slut. I needed some control over my life since everything else was spiraling out of control that's when I decided to cut.

So know you know my back story, but back to my senior year. I was at our school's Friday football game when my crush, Colin, walked over.

"Hey Alexis!"

He knew my name? Probably from the incident. But he wasn't there. Which is why I liked him. He didn't judge me.

"I...uh.. Um.. Hi Colin. "

"So homecoming is coming up soon and I was wondering if you wanted go with me. I mean if you're not going with anyone. Which you probably you are."

"That sounds nice. And why would I already have a date?"

"Because you're beautiful. "

That's a nice word. I liked it. I haven't been called beautiful by boy before, unless you counted my Dad, which I didn't.

"You really think so."

"Yeah. But you've probably been called pretty plenty of times."

"If my Dad counts, then yes," I said half-jokingly.

"I'm just surprised. I thought for sure you would have a boyfriend."

"Last time I had a boyfriend was freshman year."

Until he exposed that naked picture of me to the whole school and called me a slut."

"Oh..."

Cue the awkward silence

"Yeah I've been focusing on my studies. I want to get into a good school"

Lie

"Really? Where do you wanna go?"

Community college

"Northwestern."

"Wow! Really me to!"

Then he'll be really shocked when I don't get in.