Life or Death

It was month 7 and I wasn't feeling well. Others started noticing too.

"Alexis, you ok, you don't look too well."

"I'm fine, my stomach has been hurting probably due to the baby growing inside my uterus."

"Alright, if need to go to the doctors, let me know."

"I have an appointment tonight actually so I'll ask then."

"Ok."

*doctor's office*

"Alexis, Dr. Klein will see you now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How are you feeling Alexis?"

"Not very well, actually."

"What seems to be the problem."

"Last week after having dinner I didn't feel well and then I've been throwing up a lot."

"This was after, correct?"

"Yeah."

"What did you have?"

"Mediterranean food. Things like falafel, pita, humus."

"Are you allergic to any foods?"

"Not that I know of."

"And you say you have been throwing up?

"Correct."

"I think you have food poisoning."

That makes sense. I have food poisoning before, it was horrible.

"Normally that's no big deal, but due to how far along you are, it could be deadly."

"So is there anything I can do to help"

Drink lots of water and ear plenty of fruits and vegetables. Come back next week for another inspection. Other that your little girl seems to be growing just fine."

"Ok, thank you doctor."

*next week*

"Has your stomach gotten any better?"

I shook my head no.

"Let's take a look, this may not be as bad as we think it is."

"Oh no." Dr.Klein muttered

"What's wrong?" I asked, worried.

"It seems that we need to do an immediate C-section."

"Is my baby going to be ok?"

"Yes, you will both live."

*in surgery*

"Hi Alexis, I'm Dr.Harley and I'll be in-charge of the entire surgery."

"Ok."

*30 min later*

"There seems to be a problem..."

"What kind of problem."

"The effects of the poisoning are much worse than we thought, we can only save one of you."

"My baby girl!" I answered immediately

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, just tell Luke to look in my sock drawer when were done."

"Ok, we'll do our best to save of both of you."

*after c-section*

"Hi Mr and Mrs.Hamleton, I'm Dr.Harley. I have some unfortunate news."

"Can you please hurry, we want to see Alexis!"

"Actually, it's about Alexis, you may both want to have a seat. It seems the food poisoning was worse than we thought and we could only save one of them."

"You mean her child didn't survive?"

"We gave Alexis a choice, her or the baby. She choose the baby. I'm so sorry."

"Oh my god."

*at the Hamelton's house*

"Everyone we have some bad news. It seems that the poisoning was worse than they thought, the doctors could only save the baby."

"Why didn't they save Alexis?" Luke yelled

"She had a choice, and she choose the baby."

"Why? She had so much to live for, she could had another child." Luke screamed through his tears.

"I'm not sure why. The doctor did say Alexis told you to look in the sock drawer, maybe that will help."

"What is this?" Luke said, finding a paper in the drawer "A letter?"

Luke,if you're reading this that means I didn't make it through the surgery. I know your probably mad at me for choosing the baby over myself, but let me explain myself. I have lived my whole life, done everything a I wanted to - fall in love and have a child - there was no need for me anymore. Our child has a whole ahead of her, though. I want you to promise that you will spoil our child and make sure she never goes through what I had to. Promise that all her dreams come true. And promise that you'll move on, find someone else and love just as much as you loved.

One day our child will ask what happened to her birth mom. Give her this letter on her 16th birthday. Tell her much I loved her and that she is the greatest thing to ever happen to me.

Also make sure no one but you and our daughter read this letter.

I will love you forever.

By the end of the letter Luke was reduced to tears.

Knock, knock

"Come in."

"Hey." Jordyn said

"Hi."

"So are we naming the child Allie?"

"Yes."

"Ok?"

"Ok."

A/N

No,this book is not over. There are a few more chapters then an epilogue