Unlucky

Luke's P.O.V.

Wow she is an absolute hottie. Not that my friends would approve of her. She was known as the school slut. She had not one, but two naked pictures of her were spread all over school. Apparently she slept with a different guy every night. I don't think it's true. That girl was still the same one I had fallen in love with in kindergarten. That's a long time to have a crush on someone. Sure I had other girlfriends but nothing to serious. I knew she would never be mine. Especially since she hated me. I wouldn't blame her though, I did call her some pretty nasty stuff.

Woah. I'm getting way ahead of myself. My name is Luke, I'm 17 and go to high school with Alexis. Have been since pre-k. The first time I meet her I knew she was special, but something always seemed a little off with her. It was like she wasn't fully there. It wasn't until she missed a day of school that I found out why. Her older brother committed suicide. After that she wouldn't do anything but sit in the corner and do nothing.

"So do you wanna go to homecoming with me?" you heard Colin ask. Poor kid. He was new and had no idea what he was getting himself into.

"Sure, " you heard her respond

God dammit you silently cursed under your breath. You had known her whole life and this guy just moved here this year and the we're going out. Life is unfair.

"Luke, yo Luke," you finally heard friends

"What do you want bro?" You replied.

"Spacing out much. We were wondering who you were going to ask to homecoming."

"Gee let me think, maybe I'll ask Alexis, dude what do you think. I'm asking my girlfriend "

"You mean the one kissing James over there?"

"What the actually fuck Allie!"

"Shit," you heard her mummer "Luke, baby, please, we weren't actually kissing, it was ...a... a stage kiss. You know where you put your finger over someone's lips but it stills look you're kissing them"

"Cut the shit Allie, you and I both know exactly what the fuck you were doing. That's it we're over. Enjoy her James, she'll make you her bitch."

"Watch out everybody, we got a badass over here," my best friend said putting up his hands in surrender.

"Oh just shut up. Let's just ditch homecoming, it's stupid."

"Well what do you suppose we do instead?"

"Get wasted!"

"There is the Luke Hemmings we know and love."

Besides missing homecoming means missing Alexis and Colin together.