Chapter Two - I'm kind of glad my mom bought this ugly doormat

Chapter 2- I’m kind of glad my mom bought this ugly doormat

Normally I would wake up to the sound of my own alarm clock in the morning but not this morning. Unfortunately, Colin’s room happens to be next to mine and he takes forever to get up in the morning not to mention he gets up at 6am an hour earlier then I do.

That’s why his alarm clock was still going at 6:15am because he hates getting up in the morning. If he were smart he would get up at seven like any normal person would but unfortunately I’ve seen bricks smarter than him.

Finally I couldn’t take it anymore and dragged myself out of bed, flew my bedroom door open and pulled Colin’s door open angrily. I looked over at him as he shut his annoying phone alarm clock off. “Why couldn’t you shut that stupid thing off twenty minutes ago?” I snapped.

He looked over at me; his eyes were half open as he sat up from his bed and rubbed the sleep out of them. “I was sleeping,” he shrugged making me want to punch him.

“Well get up you loser!” I screamed a little too loudly.

He chuckled. “Well aren’t you so delightful in the morning!”

“Shut up,” I snapped glaring at him. “Why do you get up this early anyway?” I had been being to ask him this for the longest time I just always forget.

“I have to go for a run,” Colin explained laying back down on his bed and closing his eyes. His blonde hair was sticking up at odd angles and I felt the urge to make fun of him for it, he hates when I make fun of his hair.

“Well if you don’t get your ass out of bed you won’t have time,” I told him. “We don’t want Mr. Popular being late for school.” I spoke as if I were talking to my dog small dog Ardi, in a baby voice.

“Get out!” Colin whined throwing his pillow at me which I successfully dodged.

“Look who’s delightful now,” I chuckled as I headed out of his room shutting the door behind me. I headed back to my room and flopped down on my bed. Ardi came wondering into my room after me and jumped up on my bed. He was a cute dog, a brown and black Pomeranian Terrier Cross. My neighbors had given him to me a few years ago after his dog had puppies and they were trying to give them away since they didn’t want five of them running around in their yard. They were afraid they would run away and something would happen to them all.

Ardi walked around in a circle before placing himself by my feet making me smile a little. I closed my eyes and fell asleep savoring my last thirty minutes of sleep before I had to get ready.

When I woke up next it was to Luke jumping on my bed. “Alexis!” he sing-songed as he jumped up and down on my bed.

I groaned rolling over. “Go away!” I mumbled into my pillow.

“Mom says you’re going to be late, it’s seven-thirty,” Luke said before jumping off my bed and landing on his feet on the floor. He began shaking me, “Wake up, wake up, wake up!” he chanted.

“Did you just say seven-thirty?!” I shrieked.

“Uh huh,” Luke nodded his face was right in front of mine when I rolled over, I jumped. Luke giggled before running out of my room yelling at my mom that I was getting up now.

I swung my feet out of bed and yawned trudging over to my closet to find something to wear. I grabbed the first thing I saw, a pair of light wash jeans and my Mickey Mouse sweater that I loved to death. I put on my dark blue Toms before brushing my hair which stuck up at odd angles. I sighed pulling it into a ponytail. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth quickly.