Chapter Seven - It's a good thing your education didn't cost that much

Chapter 7 – It’s a good thing your education didn’t cost that much

I stayed home for the whole week after what happened with Summer, no one knew the actual story about what happened and I hoped it stayed that way. Ashton and I haven’t really been talking much and I’m pretty sure Colin has noticed the tension between us but hasn’t said anything. I guess Ashton hadn’t told him about our fight and to be honest I hoped he would never tell him.

It was Saturday morning when I finally felt better to actually do something and I knew that my mom had been counting on me this weekend to help her with catering so I agreed. My face no longer had any bruises and my wrists weren’t as bed anymore, but the amount of bruises on my stomach was horrible. It’s a good thing I don’t look like a zombie now, because then I’m pretty sure the people who hired my mom’s catering wouldn’t want us back again.

I decided to bring Sarah with me to help serve food since doing it by myself was pretty difficult (been there, done that, it’s not fun). On Friday night she stayed over at my house and basically drooled over my brother until everyone went to bed, and in the morning we both got ready together.

“Where’s Grace today?” I asked Sarah.

“I think she’s babysitting,” she told me and I nodded. Sarah looked stunning today, she had a black and white dress on that came to her knees while I wore a fancy white shirt, and black dress pants (to hide the bruises). I had curled my hair while Sarah had straightened hers and I couldn’t help but laugh when she strutted down the stairs making eye contact with Colin who was watching her intently.

“Well, we are off,” Sarah said smiling at Colin flirtily.

He was still watching her with an awe struck expression and I could feel myself grinning wickedly at her. She winked back and my grin grew.

“Don’t you girls look beautiful,” Mom said coming out of the kitchen. “The boys have already loaded everything into the van so we don’t have to worry about that, I just have to grab a few things before we leave, so be ready in five.” She ran up the stairs and Sarah and I turned to my brothers and Ashton.

“She’s been running around like a lunatic this morning so hopefully things go well,” Colin said, he had finally composed himself from watching Sarah walk down the stairs.

“What’s a lun-a-tic,” Luke sounded out looking confused.

“A crazy person,” Ashton explained it the simplest way possible.

“I hope so too,” I mumbled quietly.

Mom came running down the stairs. “Alright, girls, let’s go!” she said heading towards the door. She pulled on her heels, but even with them on she was still shorter than me. “I expect the house clean when I get home and none of you sitting around the couch,” Mom told them pointing her finger at all four boys.

“Don’t worry it will be clean,” Dad told her rolling his eyes to which Mom frowned at.