Spelling and grammar

We're doing standerized tests and our teachers have a speech they need to read every day before testing.

Teacher: "During open response questions, please try your best to use proper spelling and grammar, although your score will not be graded on spelling and grammar, it is important to try your best at spelling and grammar."

Student: "But what If I make a mistake in spelling and grammar?"

Teacher: *Deep breath* "During open response questions, please try your best to use proper spelling and grammar, although your score will not be graded on spelling and grammar, it is important to try your best at spelling and grammar."

So that was funny, and everyone started yelling at the kid because he made the teacher repeat everything.

We had science tests today, and there was an open response (some people call them essay questions, I dunno) about genetics and I was all like "wooh I got this, this was like last year stuff" but then the question is all like: "where is DNA stored inside the nucleus?" and so I'm all like: "oh yeah I got this. It ends in 'osomes', oh! Must be ribsomes!" I wrote that DNA is stores in ribosomes. I turned in the test and began reading The Book Theif when I realized my grave mistake. I said that DNA is stored in ribosomes. Ribosomes make protine. DNA is stored in chromosomes.

Somebody tell me why I'm stupid please ;-;