Diabetes

This is going to be one of the few times I mention diabetes. ^-^

I feel whenever I tell somebody I have diabetes, or they find out I have diabetes they instantly try to connect with me and attempt to show me they know all about it.

Let's be honest, when I say diabetes, you will most likely imagine an overweight person who eats too much, and in some ways you're correct. That is type two diabetes, a more common type these days. This would explain why whenever I tell someone I have diabetes, they always say something about how thin I am, my favorite was when someone said: "How? You like, LOVE apples!" Haha, that will always be a laugh.

Anywho, I am stuck with type one or Juvenal diabetes. Which means it is in my genetics. Most of the time people will say how sorry they feel for me, but I'm going to be honest, I don't know what my life would be like without diabetes. I was diagnosed with diabetes at the age of 21 months. (Type one does usually get diagnosed in middle school years, but I'm just weird I guess.) Anyway, type one diabetes is when (or at least for my brother, father and I) your white blood cells at fighting a bad germ. My germ was influenza, my older brother had pneumonia when he got it. Well, your white blood cells mistake a part of your pancreas for a germ, and then attack it, and end up killing that part of your pancreas. The problem is, that part of your body makes insulin, which is an enzyme (I think..) that breaks down glucose and sends it to the correct place for your mitochondria to make into energy. If you don't have insulin, that sugar will just float around in your blood, which is bad for your body because it will start breaking down fat for energy instead of the glucose.

Now that you actually know what my diabetes is, I just want to say something. Don't stop yourself from writing that comment "diabetus" on a picture of a marshmallow dipped in chocolate with sprinkles, Oreo crumbles and whipped cream on the top. Sure, you'll get those butt hurt people say "OMGGGG YOU JUST LIEK OFFENDED LIEK HALF THE POPULATION WITH TYPE ONE DIOABETEESE AND YOU SPEELED IT RONG!" Yeah... Well now you know!

I'm not saying don't try to understand me, just know it takes a while. The only masters (aside from family, ect.) who I think really understand this is That_Spacey_Girl  and my18826 due to the fact I've known them since 3rd grade, and they only understood it like a year ago. I also have heleniebeanie in training, haha!

Anyway, now you know, and ask someone before you assume about their illness.

~Fangy