Arriving Home

"Tro" Connor attempted to shake Troye awake. "Troyyeee!"

He mumbled in his sleep before opening his eyes and looking around. His hair was a mess and he'd dribbled down his face.

Connor giggled as he noticed Troye's state. "Wake up sleepy head! We're landing."

Troye gave Connor a confused face that was too cute for Connor to handle.

"Oh, and Troye?" Connor added, "you have a little something..." He gestured to the side of his mouth. Troye felt his face and became wide eyed when he realised what happened during his sleep.

"Oh shut up." Troye muttered as Connor tried to contain his laughter.

- - - - - - -

Once the plane had landed, Connor quickly took out his phone and posted a picture to instagram that he'd taken from the plane. He was quite proud of it as the colours from the sunrise blended together perfectly. He captioned it with "LA sunrise from the sky" before slipping his phone back into his pocket.

They collected their bags and called an uber to get them back to Connor's. They arrived at the apartment, stumbled in the door and headed straight to the couch.

"I'm so tired..." Troye moaned, "and it's only 9am!"

"You're tired?? I have a meeting at 4pm!" Connor replied.

Troye only laughed in reply. All their plans had been changed so fast and suddenly he was sitting with the boy he'd kissed only two nights ago in his apartment...by themselves....stop it Troye! His thoughts got the better of him. He must have become obviously flustered because Connor seemed to notice.

"Everything alright, Troye-boy?" Connor smirked.

"W-What? Yeah." Troye stammered. "Wait, Troye-boy?"

"You like that name, do you?" Connor's smirk only grew.

"What's suddenly come over you?" Troye asked, attempting to change the subject.

"I could ask you the same question.... Troye-boy."

"Oh shush." Troye said, pink cheeked and flustered. He had to put a stop to the conversation before he did something. It wasn't a good idea to do anything too soon, although that wasn't to say that he didn't want to.

"Coffee?" Connor asked as he stood up from the couch.

"What? Oh, yeah that would be great." Troye smiled.

As Connor walked to the kitchen, Troye looked around the apartment. It was so... Connor. Everything was neat and organised. He knew he would enjoy staying here for a while.

"Milk?" Connor called from the kitchen.

"Yes please!"

Connor walked back to the couch and handed a coffee to Troye. They both sat in silence before Troye spoke.

"Are you comfortable?"

"Huh?"

"Well, it's just a bit strange to me, you know, this whole thing." Troye started, "I mean, one minute I'm visiting LA with Tyler, then suddenly we're flying to Perth, I'm break up with Tyler and we're kissing. It's just unexpected and I don't know how I feel about it."

"Do you want to forget about what happened then?..." Connor was offering advice that he wished Troye wouldn't take.

"Of course I don't." Troye said seriously. "I just want to make sure that we don't go to fast and screw everything up."

"Me too." Connor agreed.

"Don't take this to offence Con, but maybe we should just stay how we are for a while before we become anything official. I don't want to jump to you and ruin something, but I have to admit, being able to kiss you is... Nice." Troye giggled.

Connor laughed. "Honestly, I'd rather that too. I'm still new to this whole thing remember."

"Oh yeah." Troye smiled as he slid over to Connor and rested his head on his shoulder.

"Oh and one more thing..." Connor added. He shuffled slightly so Troye slid off him and back onto the couch. You can do this Connor... Don't chicken out... He moved so they were lying next to each other and slowly leaned in. Their lips touched softly before Connor pushed them firmly together. Troye was taken by surprise but didn't hold back, instead, deciding to deepen the kiss further than they'd gone before. It was unlike anything Connor had ever experienced and it only got better with every movement they made. Troye felt Connor's hand slowly sliding down his side and-

BEEP BEEP BEEP

ALARM: Common Culture Meeting

"You've got to be kidding me... Not again." Connor thought out loud.

Troye gave Connor a questioning glance before giggling at his expression. It was clear that both of them were disappointed, but Connor forced himself to climb off the couch and turned off the alarm.

"I have to go now but I shouldn't be too long. All my movies are in the cupboard and help yourself to food in the fridge." Connor smiled, though he wished he didn't have to leave at this moment.

"See you later!" Troye called as Connor headed for the door. "And Con!" He added, "hold that thought, okay?"

"Will do." Connor winked before closing the door behind him.

Why did he have to leave in that moment...

Troye got up from the couch and found some popcorn in the cupboard. After popping it, he headed to the TV to put on a movie. Troye settled back down and was twenty minutes into the movie when he heard a knock from the door. Connor couldn't have already finished the meeting... He wouldn't even have arrived yet... He thought as he got up off the couch.

As soon as he opened the door, the colour immediately drained from his face. The face glaring back at him was full of anger and shock when he saw that it wasn't Connor who had come to the door.

"Troye..." Tyler laughed sarcastically. "What the fuck are you doing here?"