Party

"Troye! We're going to be late!" Connor called from the living room. The voice coming from the bathroom sounded frantic.

"It's not my fault you take so long in the bathroom! You should've let me shower with you!"

Connor laughed and shook his head. "Just hurry up Tro! We'll be the last to arrive at this rate!"

Hannah Hart had invited Connor to her house for a party with some other Youtubers and friends of hers. "No occasion" she'd said, "just a night full of friends, music and drinks." Connor had texted Hannah earlier that day to ask whether Troye could tag along since he was back in America, and with her excited response, both boys ended up rushing around the apartment and getting ready for the night ahead. Troye finally walked out of the bathroom wearing a grey sweater and black jeans.

"How do I look?" Troye asked. Connor could swear he bit his lip on purpose.

"You know, you shouldn't do that if you want to keep off each other tonight." Connor laughed.

The relationship between the two was still hidden to everyone except Tyler, and they still intended to keep it that way for as long as they could, even if it meant keeping the flirting to a minimum at the party.
The drive to Hannah's apartment was comfortably silent and it wasn't long before they pulled up out the front of the building. They steped out of the car and walked towards the door. Connor was just about to ring the doorbell when Troye stopped him.

"Wait."

Connor looked at him, confused. "Is everything okay?"

Troye took his hand and squeezed it gently. "You're shaking."

"Oh...sorry." Connor said, quietly.

"Listen, if Tyler's here, don't let him get to you. I don't know if he'll try anything, but come to me if something happens."

"I will." Connor smiled at Troye before retracting his hand and pressing the doorbell.

"Coming!" The familiar voice yelled from behind the door. Footsteps became louder before the door swung open.

"Connor! Troye! It's so good to see you!" Hannah smiled and hugged the boys. "Come in, come in. Let me get you boys a drink."

They followed Hannah into the kitchen where a few others were gathered around the bench. Ingrid, Mamrie, Joey, Daniel, Shane and Grace looked up from their conversations and greeted the boys as they entered.

"Troye! You've grown up so much!" Grace stated in shock.

Troye let out a belt of laughter. "You say that like I'm a small child!"

"You're always going to be little Troye to us!" Ingrid laughed. 

Hannah poured Troye and Connor a drink and they began catching up with their friends, making sure that they were never too far apart from each other. At one point, Connor brushed hands with Troye and he had to refrain from grabbing it. Instead, Connor looked up at him and wiggled his eyebrows in a teasing manner, causing Troye to burst out laughing. He thought it may be too obvious, but he didn't care. After a while, the doorbell rang and Hannah went to answer it. Connor inched closer to Troye as Tyler walked into the room behind Hannah.

"Heyyy!" he said, enthusiastically. Tyler went around the group giving hugs as he greeted them. As he approached Connor, he gave a large smile which gave him an uncomfortable feeling in his gut. Tyler turned to Troye and gave him a tight hug before beginning to speak.

"Troye! Connor! It feels like forever! How have you two been?" His over enthusiasm was all too unsettling to the boys. "I have a feeling this little party will get pretty interesting, don't you?"