Dreaming

Connor rolled over in the sheets to glance at the time. 3:18am. Immediately the relief settled in as he realised he had at least 5 more hours of rest before the day ahead. As he began thinking about the possibility of having avocado on toast later that morning, his thoughts were cut short by a rustle in the sheets behind him.

As Connor rolled over, he was greeted by dark curly hair in his face and a yawn from the Australian boy as he was disturbed from his sleep. His eyes fluttered open, and Connor could just make out the blue eyes in the darkness

"Connor? Are you awake?" The croaky voice mumbled as he slightly shuffled toward Connor under the covers.

"No" Connor replied with a slight smile.

Troye giggled as he put his arm around Connor's waist and moved his head to Connor's neck, leaving a trail of light kisses down and along his collarbone.

"Maybe I could wake you up?" He whispered, the hint of cheekiness evident in his voice.

Connor let out a fake snore, and Troye gladly took it as an invitation. He leaned up on his elbow and pressed his lips softly against Connors, sending shivers down his body. As Troye pulled away, he noticed the gleaming smile on his boyfriend's face and leaned back in for another. The kisses became more passionate and sloppy, both Troye and Connor leaving pink marks on each other's necks as it became more intense.

"I'm so lucky...to have...a beautiful boyfriend like you" Connor breathed in between kisses. He never got bored of the touch of Troye's lips. Never in his life could he have imagined he'd end up with a boy as special as Troye. With that the boys fell into a collasped embrace.

As Troye began to regain his breath, he looked up and gave Connor a serious look.

"Is something wrong?" Connor began, worry already rising up inside him.

"I love you Connor Joel Franta." Troye whispered.

Connor stared in stunned silence before he found his words.

"I...I love y-"

BEEP BEEP BEEP

- - - - -

As Connor opened his eyes, his heart sank. Only a dream...it was only a dream.

7:32am. He shut off the alarm and turned over to face the empty space on the right side of his bed. Troye wasn't there. Troye wasn't even in his house. He was staying at Tyler's while he was in LA.

If only dreams turned into reality... Connor thought to himself. But he knew they wouldn't. Troye didn't know that Connor liked him in that way. No one did. He didn't even know that he was gay. Only his family and Tyler knew. Besides, Troye and Tyler were closer than ever and showed no signs of slowing down their own relationship. They were all over each other whenever Troye was in LA, and Connor had to sit and watch. He just couldn't win this situation.

As he continued to stare at the space in the bed, he couldn't help but think about the dream that had taken over the night and filled him with false hope.

The words Troye had whispered were still ringing in his ears.

Connor reached for the pillow and pulled it in tight to his chest. He squeezed his eyes closed and snuggled back under the covers as his thoughts consumed him. I love you Connor Joel Franta.

"I love you too Troye Sivan Mellet..." he whispered into the emptiness.