Michael

"So let me get this straight... You!" You punched his chest. "Slept with my younger sister?"

Michael and y/ls/n sat in front of you at the table, in yours and Michael's shared house. You chuckled darkly and ran your hand through your hair.

"And you expect me to be okay with this?" You hissed, squinting your eyes at the pair. You shook your head in disbelief as Michael's hand enveloped your sisters. You unlocked your phone and clicked on your mums number. She answered after the first ring.

"Oh hello Y/n darling. What's the matter?"

"Yeah hi mum... Just to let you know I'm never coming to a family event ever again the y/ls/n is going to!" There was an awkward silence on both sides of the phone before your mum spoke up again.

"Y/n, sweetie what do you mean?" I raised an eyebrow at Y/ls/n and smirked evilly.

"Why don't you ask her?" You shoved the phone in her face and heard the mumbling of your mum. You heard a quick 'put me on speaker' from your mum.

"Y/n! What did Y/ls/n do?" You saw Michael shake his head subtly but you just shrugged innocently.

"Apart from fucking my boyfriend, ruining my social life and basically shattering my self esteem. She's destroyed our relationship!" You made eye contact with Y/ls/n. "And our relationship will NEVER EVER be restored!"

You got up and pushed your chair back underneath your table.

"Both of you get out!" You said calmly. Y/ls/n looked up at you with a sad look, Michael's face contorted with anger.

"You can't kick me out of my own house!"

"You think I can't?" You asked, grabbing the collar of his t shirt and the hem of your sisters dress and dragged them along the hallway, stopping to open your front door and then pushing them both out.

"Pick up your shit by Monday and once you're done leave the key on the island, anything that's yours and is left is being burnt. I hope I never talk to either of you again!" You plastered a fake smile on your face and slammed the door in the upset faces.

Your back was pressed up against the door and you slid down.

What did you do to deserve this?

Late Monday night you sat in your once shared kitchen, Michael's silver key resting in your palm.

* flashback *

Laughter echoed through the kitchen. Flour and egg yolk covered the counters.

"Hey hey princess come here!" Michael called, pulling you against him, his chest flush against your back. He opened his hand out in front of you.

"My own key?" You gasped, the cool metal pressing against your hand. Michael nodded, pressing a kiss to your temple.

"This house is empty... Needs a bit more joy." Michael chuckled, you beamed, your heart beating quickly. You turned around, cuddling up to his chest.

"I love you Mikey!"

"I love you baby girl!"

**

You sat with your back against the wooden cabinet. Your knees were up against your chest, and tears were pouring down your face, soft whimpers passing through your lips.

"Y/n?" A quiet voice broke your sobbing.

"I swear Michael, get the fuck out of here!" You growled, wiping the tears from your cheeks, you stood up. Michael held a small box in his right hand. He nodded, setting the box on the marble counter. He picked up a stray jumper that he had left on the couch and walked out the front door, slamming it behind him.

Gone... The last piece of your happiness... Slipped right through your fingertips...

You sniffled, pulling down the sleeves of your jumper. Your fingers tapped nervously against the marble, edging dangerously close to the box.

Finally curiosity got the better of you and you picked up the box, weighing it against your heavy conscious. Lying on the soft red velvet cushion was the ring you and Michael saw and that you had said you'd liked.

You closed your eyes

A sob escaped your lips.

Why?

You picked up the paper underneath the cushion.

I'm sorry