1.

Never before have I been so heartbroken. Sure, I've had relationships in the past, but nothing as serious as this. We were always together, inseparable perhaps. We just fell out of love. It was so devastating. But now it's over, I have to move on, if I can. Everyone I meet I compare them to him, Mr 21. It's pointless. I give up, I don't even know why I tried in the first place.

***

Here I was, sitting alone in my big empty house, wondering what could have been. Everywhere I look, I see distant memories of him, of us. I needed to get out, forget about everything there is, I mean, was.

"Come on Laura, pick up" I was saying impatiently. There was a sudden knock on the front door.

I walked to the door still with the phone to my ear. I opened it to see Laura standing there. I threw my phone over my shoulder and pulled her inside.

"Let's get an outfit for you" she enthusiastically squealed.

We ran upstairs into my room and Laura started to throw possible outfits onto the bed beside me. After about 20 minutes of searching I opted for my red fringed coat with a black shirt and loose black trousers and a pair of black suede heels. Of course my sunglasses were essential for some sort of disguise.

Laura drove allowing me to have a drink tonight. After we arrived we both went into the pub and sat at the bar. The first thing I ordered was a vodka and Coke, okay Adele, start slow, you don't need any paparazzi shots of you throwing up.

After my second drink I regretted coming out. I really wasn't up for this. Even so we must have sat there for another half an hour before deciding to go. We waved over the bar tender to pay for the drinks. Just as I turned around I felt a liquid like substance trickle down my chest and onto my lap. I looked down and sighed at the hands holding the napkins and wiping my thighs. I followed the arms up to find a man intriguingly looking at me with apologetic eyes.

"I'm so sorry miss, I wasn't looking where I was going" were the words spoken with a deep raspy voice, I instantly felt my heart melt. No Adele you can't give in, you always get hurt. Shake it off.

"Obviously not" what are you doing?! I said shake it off not turn into a cold-hearted bitch!

"Again my apologies, let me buy you a drink in return" again with the voice! He stood staring into my eyes, I don't think he knows who I am, if he does then why isn't he saying anything?

"No, no, I was just leaving but thanks" there! There's my manners.

I got up off of the seat and proceeded to walk towards the door. I stopped, realising Laura wasn't at my side. I turned back and saw her talking to the man. I cleared my throat purposely trying to get her attention. They both looked up from his hands and looked towards me. He let out a breathy laugh and smiled, I felt my knees go weak. Stand straight Adele! I walked out to the car and sat in the passenger seat. About five minutes later Laura walked out and sat down.

"Simons lovely" she said with a smile.

"Who?" I asked confused

"The man in the bar, he's such a gentleman" I scoffed and she stared at me blankly.

"He seems desperate" I said matter of factly.

"What makes you say that? You barely know him!" I shot my head up to look at her.

"Laura, did you see the way he was wiping my thigh? What part of that screams gentleman to you?" I started laughing.

"If you could see the way he was looking at you while doing so, you'd have the same perspective as me. I think he's interested in you." I just sat silently. Replaying his harsh yet soft voice in my head.

A/N first chapter. I'm not sure about it. I don't think I like it much, but it's a start! I don't know when I'm going to update. Just whenever I have inspiration I guess x